• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 15-22

they don't allow them at Appleseeds:
"Effective immediately the use of Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22’S at and Appleseed are hereby temporarily prohibited due to recent safety issues."

How good are the S&W 15-22 my shop are selling them for $325 cash New in the box.
good is a perspective, how good are they for $325?
i have shot friends but nothing made me want to buy one.

end game is what do you expect out of it and plans to do with it?

How good are the S&W 15-22 my shop are selling them for $325 cash New in the box.

I don't have one, but my wife has had it on her radar for a while. We check the price whenever we go to a gun shop (especially outside our normal area) and $325 is a really good price from what we've seen. If I came across one at that price I'd definitely consider it to supplement the wife's 10/22 as another plinking toy.

Any AR style gun can do that if you don't clean it. Firing pin gets wedged in the fire position, bullet goes bang before bolt seats as the round is being chambered.
very true but so says appleseed the SWMP22 does it enough so "you cantz shootz tha ryeful "

Check out the Savage A22 semi and B22 bolt before buying a 22 rifle. I have both and they’re nice. Have 10-22 and had a cz. Cz nice but costs more than double.

they fire out of battery and spit brass pieces .....so the word.

Supposedly S&W fixed that with the blue springs. Mine has the blue springs and I've never had this happen.

If you want to shoot Appleseed, this is not the gun to get. I think they're still traumatized by the OOB incident. If you want a fun range toy, get it. I enjoy shooting mine a lot, and I think the only gun that gets shot more often is my Citori.

Just a note, the lower AND the upper are not compatible with standard AR uppers and lowers. Not only does it not have a buffer tube (this is a solid piece of plastic molded into the lower receiver), the takedown pins do not line up so the upper can't be used on a regular AR lower.

Any AR style gun can do that if you don't clean it. Firing pin gets wedged in the fire position, bullet goes bang before bolt seats as the round is being chambered.

Yup, it's very common to end up with a dimpled primer when closing the bolt on an AR-style rifle. My .458 SOCOM's firing pin leaves some pretty deep dimples.

I've considered getting this guy:
upload_2018-7-17_14-31-6.png

Mainly I am looking for a threaded 22lr to suppress. Tikka is supposed to come out with the T1x which is a 22lr version of the T3. The last time I checked only the youth model is threaded, though. Other contenders for me are the Savage B22 FV-SR and the Ruger Precision Rimfire (since I've already got a supply of 10/22 mags).

I figured bolt's the way to go with suppression. Lots of fun semi 22s out there though.

I've considered getting this guy:
View attachment 240402

Mainly I am looking for a threaded 22lr to suppress. Tikka is supposed to come out with the T1x which is a 22lr version of the T3. The last time I checked only the youth model is threaded, though. Other contenders for me are the Savage B22 FV-SR and the Ruger Precision Rimfire (since I've already got a supply of 10/22 mags).

I figured bolt's the way to go with suppression. Lots of fun semi 22s out there though.

I have a Chiappa m4-22 upper that I now plan to suppress since I’m a free stater. The only problem with semi auto rifles is you can’t really use the quiet ammo

I have a Chiappa m4-22 upper that I now plan to suppress since I’m a free stater. The only problem with semi auto rifles is you can’t really use the quiet ammo
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking bolt. A threaded semi might be fun to try but it reduces the efficacy of the suppression. Plus I have 10/22 so adding a bolt gun makes sense.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking bolt. A threaded semi might be fun to try but it reduces the efficacy of the suppression. Plus I have 10/22 so adding a bolt gun makes sense.
The T1x with the T3 sporter stock would make a nice set up.
Friend has the sporter and its a great all around set up.
Feels and fits good off hand , prone and bench. Could use a bit more adjustment on the comb for me though. Well it needs a left handed comb piece .

The T1x with the T3 sporter stock would make a nice set up.
Friend has the sporter and its a great all around set up.
Feels and fits good off hand , prone and bench. Could use a bit more adjustment on the comb for me though. Well it needs a left handed comb piece .
I did read the T1x can take any T3 stock, which would give some nice options. I will say the T3's action is the smoothest I've handled; I considered buying one in 308 a few years ago. When I heard they had the 22 version while I am in the infant stages of deciding on a bolt to suppress, it drew interest and consideration.

Look into the new Savages. You will not be disappointed. The B-22 with threaded barrel is what i should have bought. Didn't know i'd be in a free state so soon.

It's the bottom one, Rifleman first attempt. Amazing value.
004.JPG

Look into the new Savages. You will not be disappointed. The B-22 with threaded barrel is what i should have bought. Didn't know i'd be in a free state so soon.

It's the bottom one, Rifleman first attempt. Amazing value.
Yeah, my three leading contenders right now are Ruger Precision Rimfire, Savage B22 FV-SR and the Tikka. Given that I have heard ATF is running at about seven months wait time for stamps, I have a good amount of time to decide.

Back
Top Bottom