S&W k/l frame 3" owb holster help?

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Looking for a kydex owb for a Smith & Wesson 686 Plus in 3". I have looked for a while and sent out a couple of messages but with the WuFlu I'm not doing as well as I hoped.

I am not looking for one that can be altered, or where the barrel hangs out like a 2-1/2". Looking for a proper holster.

Any help on reliable makers that already make one for the 3" would be greatly appreciated. Links would be even better on my shitty old computer.

Thanks. Matt [cheers]

What did you find for your 686 plus? I'm in the market for one also.

Nothing. Currently staying with my custom leather holster. If there was a "blue mold" of the 3" I would buy it and go that way. Nope, none available currently.

There are a couple of shops that theoretically could make one if I were take it to them. They could vacuum mold the revolver, hand it back, and get the holster to me later. This is Not inexpensive for them to devote this much time to a one-off.

I did find there is a subset of S&W owners that would love a good 3" Kydex holster. It would be like wrangling cats to get a group buy together.

Best of luck. Matt

Last edited:
Nothing. Currently staying with my custom leather holster. If there was a "blue mold" of the 3" I would buy it and go that way. Nope, none available currently.

There are a couple of shops that theoretically could make one if I were take it to them. They could vacuum mold the revolver, hand it back, and get the holster to me later. This is Not inexpensive for them to devote this much time to a one-off.

I did find there is a subset of S&W owners that would love a good 3" Kydex holster. It would be like wrangling cats to get a group buy together.

Best of luck. Matt

That holster looks like good quality but I think myself am looking for something that sits a little higher up on my side.

Back
Top Bottom