• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P 12

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
... the ol' Alyssa Milano two finger trigger pull
(Does that minimize lateral error?)
qualification-target-you-suck.jpg

not at that amount of $$$$$

I hate to sound like a Fudd, but do you really need that many rounds in a shotgun?

The ability to load one barrel with slugs and the other with shot? What exactly is it you are going after?

But hey, I could be wrong, Uncle Joe said go get a shotgun right?

I don't own a shot gun, and am a complete neophyte - so take this for what it's worth - but this looks pretty attractive as a home defense option to me - especially because of the bullpup / short configuration.
I was just getting used to noob... neophyte? Oh well. I guess I will roll with it.
I think that like everything life, it is about compromise. The obvious advantages are the capacity and overall length. The disadvantages appear to be rate of fire, time to reload and recoil. But it's unlikely that it will be necessary to reload in a home defense scenario with that much capacity. Switching tubes takes a second, but no where near as long as reloading a conventional shotgun.
I think this video does a much better job of highlighting the features and operation of the gun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3kTTV-QbAM

Some have mentioned the MSRP as crazy high. I really don't think so for what you get. Sure it's a little pricey, but still about half the price of an Benelli M4. A nice semi auto gun can put 7 rounds down range probably twice as fast. Is 6 or 7 rounds enough? If not, you are probably in a world of shit.
I think recoil in a home defense scenario is a bigger issue. When you shoot a pump at the range or trap field, you will remember to get a good grip and shoulder the gun firmly. If you mess up and fail to do because of stress and circumstance, it's going to knock the shit out of you. And even at the range, with 2-3/4" shells, 00buck, it's not something my wife is ever going to shoot, let alone practice with.

I do like the AR like controls and the way the gun breaks down. And I like the innovation. But I personally prefer a good handgun with a laser/light combo for home defense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJiEpN59UAA

not at that amount of $$$$$

I hate to sound like a Fudd, but do you really need that many rounds in a shotgun?

The ability to load one barrel with slugs and the other with shot? What exactly is it you are going after?

But hey, I could be wrong, Uncle Joe said go get a shotgun right?

Do I need it? No. And that's exactly why I want it

I'm surprised too. Guess they need to justify the $1150 MSRP somehow.

S&W hasn't made anything worthy of interest since like 1990.
Look on Gunbroker, the prices are over the MSRP! My neighbor says it's pretty awesome. He gets to fire all the new stuff.

I remember 10-12 years ago when everyone was overpricing the KSG and everyone bitched about the MSRP.

Ahh, good times. 😂😎

I’ll take a KSG for a few hundred or so less.

Look on Gunbroker, the prices are over the MSRP! My neighbor says it's pretty awesome. He gets to fire all the new stuff.

That's completely retarded, for something that is just a pump. I mean it probably sucks less than a KSG does but that doesn't really take that much to pull
off.

This is lame and a wasted effort at S&W. They had so much better shit to put their design efforts into but im sure like the other OEM's wanted to have a diverse product line so a shotgun it is.

Back
Top Bottom