S&W Replacing my P22!

Last Friday I took a ride over to the S&W factory. I figured I would take my P22 with me that had a few issues and see if I could have it fixed. It would erratically eject shells, the safety would come engage sometimes, the slide would catch on the hammer on occasion, the rear sight was loose, the slide had a chunk missing from the slide release...........anyway it had a few problems to say the least. I bought it used and it was, well used.

So I dropped it off not really expecting much, but to my surprise they called my this morning informing me that they were going to send me a new one because they felt it would be better than try to fix all of the problems. I just had to tell them which FFL to send it to. The only downside in this whole thing is I have to pay the $30 transfer but that doesn't bother me at all!

So let this be a lesson to everyone, if you want great customer service stick with S&W or Glock. They really know how to treat their customers.

**Edit** Also my girlfriend is going to be happy becuase I bought this gun for her to get started shooting pistols. The problem was is that after seeing the brass fly all over the place (including down my shirt) she refused to try it. This should cure the problem!

Jeez... why do stories like this never occur to me? They are always trying dodge or failing to fix their stuff with me.

Great news 95! That's awesome, I'm happy for you.

Another GREAT company is Buck. I idiotically broke a knife once a long time ago, and "fixed" it myself with a dremel tool. That looked like crap, and I just stuck it in my drawer and forgot about it. I just found it a couple months back, and decided to send it back. I told them I broke it stupidly, and fixed it stupidly and did not expect them to repair it under warranty as it was my fault and would gladly pay for a new blade. They not only fixed it under warranty, but had it back to me in two weeks!

That is good news.

You should make sure you stop over at rimefirecentral.com and look under the wlather section. Most of what you described is in there. Actually most of those issues are fixable at home.

FWIW though, a new one is the better way to go.

A friend of mine managed to blow up his P22.... well, we didnt do anything
bad to it, but the slide cracked about an inch behind the
muzzle. S+W replaced the entire upper of the thing and sent it back to
him in like a week. The gun had at least 12,000 rounds through it at
that point. It probably has more like 20,000 now. (we made it a point to
have it eat a brick of ammo at every range visit, so it wasn't that hard to
drive up a high round count. )

-Mike

S&W has been very good to me when I've had a problem with one of there firearms.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Yea, I actually downloaded the whole P22 guide over on rimefirecentral.com. It seems that all of my problems are normal. I think if they want to fix it thats great. If they saw I messed with it they may not be so willing to take care of the problems. But I'm getting a new one so problem solved! =)

Why did they send it to a gun dealer, and not to you via common carrier ? Just curious.
gc

Last Friday I took a ride over to the S&W factory.

SNIP
So I dropped it off not really expecting much, but to my surprise they called my this morning informing me that they were going to send me a new one because they felt it would be better than try to fix all of the problems. I just had to tell them which FFL to send it to. The only downside in this whole thing is I have to pay the $30 transfer but that doesn't bother me at all!
SNIP

Why did they send it to a gun dealer, and not to you via common carrier ? Just curious.
gc

If a frame is replaced the owner must go through another 4473/nics
check, because as far as the feds are concerned it's not just a
repair, it's a new firearm. (fed law).

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom