S&W warranty work. Experience?

Yeah, probably easier to just buy the part vs sending in a good shooting/slightly worked over gun. M&P slides are pretty simple. Anyone know if there was a slide channge to go with the modified striker, or just the small parts changed?

There was not a slide change. I had the tab snap off my early M&P striker (after several thousand rounds on a gun I bought used), which they replaced with the new assembly. The plastic bushing and striker they sent me were visibly different than the broken one, not sure if the spring also changed. If they won't just give you one now, I'd order it rather than wait.

ETA: On Sale at MidwayUSA for $16 plus shipping

Update:
Sent it in, they fixed the problem, sent it back. Doesn't look like they touched anything else.
Issue: Plastic sleeve on striker had a crack.
Turnaround time: 31 days.

Another warranty story:
Anderson 16" barrel-
Got a new, longer handguard and wider muzzle device. The gap between the muzzle break and the end of the handguard indicated either the handguard was off, or the barrel.
Best I could do was take two levels and put on either side of both to see if they were straight.
From my best methods and checking, the barrel was about .3-.5mm off, makes sense because the rear sight was adjusted to one side.
I said F it, see if they warranty that.
I sent it last Monday. I just got notification they are sending me something back.
3 guesses:
A. F you, we don't warranty that.
B. They took the bend out
C. New barrel.

C. would be nice. I'll find out by end of week!

Fantasy:
D.- warranty dept f'd up and sent me a complete upper with BCG

Last edited:
Update:
Sent it in, they fixed the problem, sent it back. Doesn't look like they touched anything else.
Issue: Plastic sleeve on striker had a crack.
Turnaround time: 31 days.

Another warranty story:
Anderson 16" barrel-
Got a new, longer handguard and wider muzzle device. The gap between the muzzle break and the end of the handguard indicated either the handguard was off, or the barrel.
Best I could do was take two levels and put on either side of both to see if they were straight.
From my best methods and checking, the barrel was about .3-.5mm off, makes sense because the rear sight was adjusted to one side.
I said F it, see if they warranty that.
I sent it last Monday. I just got notification they are sending me something back.
3 guesses:
A. F you, we don't warranty that.
B. They took the bend out
C. New barrel.

C. would be nice. I'll find out by end of week!

Fantasy:
D.- warranty dept f'd up and sent me a complete upper with BCG
Update.
Anderson sent me a new barrel. I expected them to tweak my old one, I think they can do that, it was barely out.
Anyway, solid warranty support. Took about two weeks.
Sent- 16" standard gov't carbine phosphate barrel.
Got back 16" gov't carbine what appears to be a nitride finish, and a stainless barrel extension.
I know people like to crap on those guys sometimes, but everything I've ever got from them has been pretty solid and fits tight.
Aside from this barrel issue, I had one charging handle where the hole for the latch pin was drilled maybe 1/64" off and it wouldn't latch, they also sent me a new one.
Wish it didn't sell off some of the stuff, but I got other stuff I like, so I guess it's a wash.

Back
Top Bottom