• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

safe public range recommendations in MA?

MFS is ok. Always busy during peak times Can’t shoot anything more that a handgun or a pistol caliber carbine.
Meh
I’m a member of Hopkinton sportsman’s. It’s a hula for you but I think they are still accepting members. Need a sponsor though

it looks like an every working day now a half of hopkinton club bays is occupied by various police forces - with half of them shooting and other half probably snooping around looking whom to harass. meh.

Sunday, June 12
9:30am
Skeet, Trap

Monday, June 13
9:00am
BAY4,5,6CLSD-WELLPD

7:30pm
GENERAL MEETING

Tuesday, June 14
Flag Day

BAY4,5,6CLSD-WELPD

6:30pm
Skeet,Trap,5Stand

Wednesday, June 15
3:00pm
BAY4,5,6CLSD-USPSA

Thursday, June 16
BAY4,5,6CLSD-WellPD

5:00pm
RIFLRNGCLSD-Smallbore prone

Friday, June 17
BAYS4,5,CLSD-ASHLPD

Saturday, June 18
8:00am
Practical Prec Rimfire-RIFLRNGECLSD
The club overall has pretty good ranges and great people. I think it has more than anything In our area
But yes I did take a year break from the club for that exact reason.
I felt like any time I could make it, it was close due to some competition or police rentals. Take the food with the bad I guess

Where are the public ranges you would recommend in MA? The sportsmen clubs around me are all "full" so wait-list only. Is Mass Firearms in Holliston still a decent place to go shoot for someone who's not affiliated with any club? Went there around ten years ago or right around the time they were building those extra lanes in the back and got sick of getting muzzle swept by n00b girls with loaded pistols with their bfs thinking range time was a fun date idea.
Sandpit by yourself.

And shotgun.
Jesus, my teeth rattle every time someone decides to rip off a couple rounds of buck at MFS. I try to get there first thing on Sunday, get my shooting in, and the GTFO. I just don't like crowds. I'd hit the outdoor range, but I stop in to see Mom after shooting, and it's more convenient to do that from MFS.

Jesus, my teeth rattle every time someone decides to rip off a couple rounds of buck at MFS. I try to get there first thing on Sunday, get my shooting in, and the GTFO. I just don't like crowds. I'd hit the outdoor range, but I stop in to see Mom after shooting, and it's more convenient to do that from MFS.
Big mans gotta round off a date night range trip by buying a pack of 5 00 buck rounds and obliterate a paper zombie target with a rental shottie to show his lady how it's done at MFS.

How big is your house? He's just training like he fights
I mean, if you really need to slam fire five rounds of buck at two feet to get the job done, I would say it's probably zombies and you have bigger fish to fry at that point. Like maybe cardio should have been part of your action plan.

:( It still isn't part of my action plan. I will be a very well-armed zombie.

I mean, if you really need to slam fire five rounds of buck at two feet to get the job done, I would say it's probably zombies and you have bigger fish to fry at that point. Like maybe cardio should have been part of your action plan.

:( It still isn't part of my action plan. I will be a very well-armed zombie.
Go, Team Zombie!

New member here, never shot in MA. I'm going through my LTC-A application now, and looking for a club that has outdoor pistol range(s) so I can re-learn how to shoot. Year-round access and OK indoor pistol range would be a bonus.

Things like defensive shooting and action shooting aren't very important to me right now, more a safe range environment with good people so I can work on my shooting fundamentals without getting muzzle swept like some other people in this thread experienced (saw enough of that BS in Texas...).

I live near the I-95/90 exchange, any recommendations? Looking at the various clubs, it seems like these would be decent options:
  • Hopkington SA
  • Southborough RGC
  • Andover SC
  • Westwood GC
  • Mass Rifle Assoc.
From what I see, MRA feels like overkill for what I need, and Westwood only has outdoor. I'm not a hunter or fisherman, so those aspects don't really matter. Bonus for clubs that are family friendly though.

edit: ....annnd I missed that this was a *public* range thread. Sigh. If anyone takes mercy and can still recommend a club to join, I'd appreciate it.

Consider Harvard Sportsmens.

Harvard Sportsmens is home to Metro West Tactical. I've shot NorthEast Regional there the last two years with them, and seriously impressed with the people and the facilities.

If you're at all into IDPA, they're well worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom