• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga 12 Kushnapup

The kit is 275 and the Kalushnapup is a stock, not considered a pistol grip. From the FAQ part of their website, under legal,
Does it require a license or permit?

No, it’s classified only as a non folding shotgun stock. There are no federal permits, regulations, fees, associated or required of this part. BATFE has counted it as 2 US made parts- Stock and Trigger. Adding as many US parts as you like to your Saiga-12 is legal.
Interpretation – A “fixed” non detachable 5 round magazine in combination with pistol grip is Connecticut legal. The classification of Kushnapup is neither as pistol grip nor thumb hole stock, in regards though it is a “rifle stock, possibly pistol grip” which minimally is legal under Connecticut law in combination with “fixed” non detachable 5 round magazine version of RAA Saiga-12. Use with detachable magazine is subject to legal interpretation which is yet inconclusive if using “fixed magazine” bullet button device legal in California.

I'm going to grab one and put it on the 5.56 Saiga, Got too many Saiga's anyway, about time someone came out with a different dress for these things.

Familiarity breeds contempt. All firearms to be treated as loaded at all times. How many people met their maker for fingering triggers on guns they were sure we're not loaded.

One rule broken no body gets hurt, 2 maybe, 3 rules broken and someone dies. More things have to be going on than just having a finger on the trigger.

Familiarity breeds contempt. All firearms to be treated as loaded at all times. How many people met their maker for fingering triggers on guns they were sure we're not loaded.

I understand that, and agree to a point. I wasn't raised around firearms so I don't have 20+ years of brainwashing under my belt, so I tend to look at firearm safety logically rather than religiously. If a gun is obviously 100% unloaded, I see safety Sallys as an annoyance. Empty revolver with the cylinder swung open, who cares if the person holding it sweeps someone? Everyone with functioning eyes can see that there is no way that firearm will go off.

Same with this Saiga. The mag is out and the bolt is locked to the rear. A discharge is impossible, so what's the point of getting all stressed out and making yourself look like a jerk by harassing the person?

How can we expect the Libs to accept gunswhen even gun owners are so terrified of guns?

I could point out quite a bit that is wrong with your statement, but we will just have to agree to disagree.

One rule broken no body gets hurt, 2 maybe, 3 rules broken and someone dies. More things have to be going on than just having a finger on the trigger.

Having rewatched the video multiple times...I realized that I cupped the trigger...there is no trigger guard...my finger never goes on the trigger as if I were to engage it...

Having rewatched the video multiple times...I realized that I cupped the trigger...there is no trigger guard...my finger never goes on the trigger as if I were to engage it...

Just bought one for home defense. Also got a talon mini breacher for @-holes that get too close.

I've got some rapid prototyping 3d printers and I'll be making a trigger guard for this thing. It always bothered me that it didn't have one.
I'll post pics!

Great video - thanks for posting it. Made me realize that I could never have one, since I'm a left handed shooter - those shells would be hitting the side of my head!

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I was curious if anyone on here bought one of these? Does anyone know if you still have to do the forward trigger conversion, or does it use the original "sporting" configuration for the trigger? I'm researching different options for converting my S12, and this looks pretty intriguing since we can't do a cool AK type conversion here in MA.

I did a conversion on a stock S12 and it worked fine. I didn't cut the tangs off - just added a buttpad, so no permanent alteration of the firearm was necessary.

I put a Burris FastFireIII on a gas tube rail mount and it shoots 12g slugs just fine. It's not "combat tough" but makes a nice novelty bullpup shotgun.

I did a conversion on a stock S12 and it worked fine. I didn't cut the tangs off - just added a buttpad, so no permanent alteration of the firearm was necessary.

I put a Burris FastFireIII on a gas tube rail mount and it shoots 12g slugs just fine. It's not "combat tough" but makes a nice novelty bullpup shotgun.

Thanks, and I sent you a pm regarding the "tangs" that you didn't cut off, as I'm confused about that part.

Here's my baby - just gotta add the red dot scope protector. Bolt handle and brake were from Mississippi Autoarms.

IMG_20120922_130751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom