• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga 5.45x39 Rifle Mod Thread

i am trying to put the lower handguard retainer spring in and my lower hg does not have the notch for it.....does anybody have pics of how the notched hg should look, or exactly where the notch should be? thanks in advance.

i cut the notch into my lower hg for the retainer spring but it is slightly wider than the spring. has anyone ever tried wood putty or something similar to fill in gouges or scrapes in wood furniture? i am looking to fill in the extra space between the hg edge and the spring, and if the putty dries around the spring and holds it tight that is just an added benefit. my main concern is what could possibly happen when the filler gets hot from the rifle being fired.

Anyone have a die they would be willing to lend for threading the barrel? 14mx1 LH. If you are a distance aways I would obviously comp u shipping.

I may have a problem.

I threaded my barrel 14x1 for an AK74 style break.

I threaded it all the way back to the front sight block. I used the TAT. But when I drop the cleaning rod that came with the saiga down the barrel it is not perfectly straight in the brake. I guess it's possible my threads aren't exactly on plane. I put the TAT in the dye and went through the motions again. The threads look good. But the cleaning rod is off center.

How can I confirm prior to test firing that the bullet won't hit the end of my break? Is the fact that the rod isn't touching the brake good enough?

I may have a problem.

I threaded my barrel 14x1 for an AK74 style break.

I threaded it all the way back to the front sight block. I used the TAT. But when I drop the cleaning rod that came with the saiga down the barrel it is not perfectly straight in the brake. I guess it's possible my threads aren't exactly on plane. I put the TAT in the dye and went through the motions again. The threads look good. But the cleaning rod is off center.

How can I confirm prior to test firing that the bullet won't hit the end of my break? Is the fact that the rod isn't touching the brake good enough?

hard to imagine what you are describing. Post a picture.

If you are worried about the brake clocking correctly - don't be.

If you are worried about brake-to-muzzle alignment and that they are concentric, use a wooden dowel the same size of the bore and see if it doesn't bend on the brake opening. If it slides down both easily, you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom