• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

San Francisco will pay people to not shoot others: 'Cash for criminals'

Reptile

NES Member

A similar program has already been launched in Richmond, Calif.​

San Francisco is rolling out a pilot program that will pay high-risk individuals to not shoot anyone as gun crimes tick up in the city.

"These small investments can transform the lives of individuals, but they can also transform communities," Sheryl Davis, executive director of the Human Rights Commission, told Newsweek.

The Dream Keeper Fellowship will pay 10 individuals who are at high risk of being on either end of a shooting $300 each month to not be involved in such crimes.

Continues...

It was also tried in Sacramento, where its promoters boast that ‘only’ 44% of participants were subsequently arrested on new charges.

Great track record!

Last edited:
They are all like good thanks mo money of ammo and pistols etc... Sheryl Davis should get dropped off in Mexico.

Another asinine measure from the lawmakers in San Fran, I’m not surprised. Next they’re going to pay vagabonds money to stop flinging their feces in the street.

San Francisco is rolling out a pilot program that will pay high-risk individuals to not shoot anyone as gun crimes tick up in the city.
I promise not to shoot anyone in SF, too. You can just send me a check.
Here's a mix-in of catchphrases from Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds and Howie Carr:

I'll believe that legal gun owners are high-risk individuals​
when they start getting a $300 kiss in the mail every month.​

So...I a Homie takes the cash, and then shoots some other banger, do they ask for the money back?

A similar program has already been launched in Richmond, Calif.​

"These small investments can transform the lives of individuals, but they can also transform communities," Sheryl Davis, executive director of the Human Rights Commission, told Newsweek.

The Dream Keeper Fellowship will pay 10 individuals who are at high risk of being on either end of a shooting $300 each month to not be involved in such crimes.

Continues...

It was also tried in Sacramento, where its promoters boast that ‘only’ 44% of participants were subsequently arrested on new charges.

Great track record!
have two words for this nonsense: Prove it!

Similar to what we do in mass with the toll takers from my understanding. Extra pay if you don’t call out sick! I wish we had that policy at my employer

vercotti-brothers-9-17-10-2.jpg

Hat tip: Instapundit co-blogger Ed Driscoll

Similar to what we do in mass with the toll takers from my understanding. Extra pay if you don’t call out sick!
What's a "toll taker"?

The sad thing is that someone’s going to get the $300 and be on one end of a gun anyway. It’ll prove the effectiveness of the program.

But well never hear about it

What in the actual f**k?!? By paying these "high-risk" individuals a month check, they are incentivizing being "high-risk", and thus de-incentivizing being a normal, law-abiding citizen. Reward terrible behavior? Why not!

Maybe we can outbid CA and designate who we want shot? I can think of two I’d chip in on…

Back
Top Bottom