• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saturday Night Specials

Novelties, BUGs, every day shooters, paperwieghts, or CCWs.

Whatever you "know (not heard)" about them, your stories and pictures.

I collect SNS's and can say that 90% or more can be made into reliable and safe shooters. The other 10%? Iffy and just pure junk, but I love 'em anyway.

My first SNS was a Jimenez JA-380. It has over 600 rounds through it and it resides in my camper and tackle box. There if I need it, and not much to lose if it's gone!

postal_JA380.jpg

Novelties, BUGs, every day shooters, paperwieghts, or CCWs.

Whatever you "know (not heard)" about them, your stories and pictures.

I collect SNS's and can say that 90% or more can be made into reliable and safe shooters. The other 10%? Iffy and just pure junk, but I love 'em anyway.

My first SNS was a Jimenez JA-380. It has over 600 rounds through it and it resides in my camper and tackle box. There if I need it, and not much to lose if it's gone!

postal_JA380.jpg

I love 'em I have the same gun in bryco but its nickel and a matching j22 in nickel heres a forum just dedicated to SNS

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/

I had an AMT Back Up .380, which is about as close as I ever got to an SNS.

If I can go the rest of my life without owning another gun like that, I'll be completely fine with that. [laugh]

IMO people get tempted by these things but most of them are a ripoff. The reality is they could spend an extra $50-100 maybe and get a used ruger, sigma, whatever, that's literally 10 times the gun. Ruger robopistols are especially good value. They're ugly as sin, but they get the job done for little money.

-Mike

I've got a Bauer .25 as well. I've put all kinds of ammo through it without a hiccup. I never carry it though, not even as a BUG. On the rare occasions where I feel like carrying a BUG, it'll be the NAA .32 I picked up a while back. That little sucker has been reliable with several types of ammo.

I've also got a couple really old revolvers that are nothing but paper weights. I wouldn't even attempt to fire them.

Years ago I bought a Jennings .22. [laugh] Don't even friggin go there.

Raven 25...sold it...never a problem just scared me with it in my pocket!
DSCF0091.jpg

Sterling 22...sold it...wish I didn't...picky about ammo, only liked Stingers!
DSCF0095.jpg

Beretta 950 25...if I carry a BUG this is it, reliable...I love this pistol!
DSCF0086.jpg

I have one of those little Berettas its a "bobcat" in .22 short what an awesome little gun! Its actually quite smaller than the jetfire .25 model.

If it only had alittle more bang...

The quintessential SNS - The Raven - lots of them still around. Might be the most reliable of all the Jennings style designs.

027_2_.jpg

Too bad you sold the Sterling, Carguy. There a bit of a rarity in comparison to the California Ring of Fire genre. The Sterling is an East Coast production, Made in New York.

The Berettas might have a little too much pedigree to be called a modern day Saturday Night Special. Just not an inexpensive, pot metal gun.

My wife's first gun was a Beretta 87 in .22 lr.

My dad had a Jennings .22, it was garbage, haha. Real picky about ammo, jammed a lot, and bit my hand too many times to want to shoot or even consider carrying. He got back what he paid for it at a local shop though.

I've got a Raven MP-25 (that I bought from another member) to go with my wifes PA-HP-22 Target .22

MP-25
IMG_1368.jpg
[/IMG]

The HP-22 has been the most unreliable gun in our collection.

HP-22
IMG_1377.jpg
[/IMG]

I know this is an old thread but I have a raven 25 my grandfather gave me. It does not function but I would like to have it fixed due to it being sentimental to me. Anybody selling a raven 25 or anyone work on them? let me know. thank you.

I know this is an old thread but I have a raven 25 my grandfather gave me. It does not function but I would like to have it fixed due to it being sentimental to me. Anybody selling a raven 25 or anyone work on them? let me know. thank you.

On many small .22 and .25 autos like those, the recoil spring weakens over time and the gun won't function. Also the magazines tend to not be the greatest quality, and these guns can be finicky with ammo. If you really wanted to spend the time, money and effort on it, find some new springs and get several different boxes of ammo. Start there.