save your pennies Mass. hunters...

Well, when I resided in that dump, 1996 was the last year that I bought any kind of a License to support the Fakers and Wankers. It was Nov. 1996 that trapping in that state was for all intents and purposes banned. I said then I would not buy another license there, and I haven't. I moved to New Hampshire in March of 2005 and retired from the Commiewealth in Jan 2010. Screw you idiots at Fakers and Wankers. All I have heard from folks that shoot your scrawny pheasants is that they are all feathers and no meat. Ever since the state game farms have been closed, The birds coming in from out of state are shit.

Additional "informational sessions" to be held starting next week.

I have a hard time believing this given what I have been seeing in the woods and on the water.
Yeah not sure I believe the 20-50% bs. The spread is stupid for something supposedly based on real #'s. I saw a lot more hunters walking the fields with their new pistol-grip shotguns.

Also for what it's worth.

"Proposed by:MassWildlife Director Mark S. Tisa, Ph.D., M.B.A.and theFisheries and Wildlife Board Finance Sub-committee:Bonnie Booth, Ernie Foster, and Michael Roche"

Yeah not sure I believe the 20-50% bs. The spread is stupid for something supposedly based on real #'s. I saw a lot more hunters walking the fields with their new pistol-grip shotguns.

Also for what it's worth.

"Proposed by:MassWildlife Director Mark S. Tisa, Ph.D., M.B.A.and theFisheries and Wildlife Board Finance Sub-committee:Bonnie Booth, Ernie Foster, and Michael Roche"
Again, it's not 20-50%. It's 20% fewer sporting licenses and 50% fewer hunting licenses based on licensing data over the reported period.

How many of those additional hunters you saw are simply out more this year than in years past...or are without license?

Again, it's not 20-50%. It's 20% fewer sporting licenses and 50% fewer hunting licenses based on licensing data over the reported period.

How many of those additional hunters you saw are simply out more this year than in years past...or are without license?
Exactly. Just because you see more people put there doesn't mean they didn't have licenses in the past.

This...if your gonna poach anyway......... Deer season with any rifle starts October 15th. No orange, no problem.
That said.....if your buying a sporting license and not really fishing.......

I guess you can stave off most of the increase by just buying hunting now only.

I love it when the department says they haven't had a fee increase since such and such a date.

You get what you pay for, and what they've lost in fees we've lost in quality. If they want to up the fees, they need to up the quality otherwise it just don't make no sense. If the problem is needing more money for preservation programs, hit up the general fund and make the dog walkers, hikers, and bikers pay their fare share too.

The comparison of MA fees, to those of states which are hunting destinations, is laughable.
I dunno, I have been comparing Montana to Massachusetts. Montana has great trout rivers but look at what we have! I mean here in central mass we have beautiful rainbows and browns that don't get fished out for at least a week in our five foot wide streams. I'm talking a whole week! And then our state lands. Montana has 27 million acres. You can never get an animal there. They have too many places to hide. Now here in Mass, different story. I mean I have this sweet 35 acre piece of DCR land near me. It is hit or miss, granted, because you have to deal with the dog walkers coming through at prime time. But those times they don't can be absolutely magical. There is nothing like the sounds of leaf blowers in the distance humming away and then when you least expect it a monster 65 pound doe shows up. So cool.

Just another plug to please take this survey.

This is what I answered for most questions:
"I would just hunt and fish elsewhere."

This was what I replied under their catch-all "other" category:
"Repeal new coyote regulations. Open up coyote season year-round. Allow rifles for deer in Worcester County and West. Repeal language on .22LR and shotgun only for night hunting of coyote. Repeal buckshot limitations on coyote hunting. Make LTC "Constitutional Carry"."

Administration – Director Mark Tisa will be conducting an additional listening session related to the previously reported proposed license fee increase on March 25th, at 6:30pm. Information about participating in the information session, including details of the proposed license fee increase and how you can leave feedback on the proposal can be found on the MassWildlife website here: mass.gov/masswildlife-funding

you don’t want that......
you don’t want all those birds watchers and dog workers to have a actual say in how land set aside for hunters is used.
our best “ace in the hole” as hunters is that we solely fund those properties.

But they already do that now. What say do we have? We aren't allowed to hunt on Sundays, in the WMAs we've funded, so people can walk their dogs on the weekends

Ah Yes!! Using the Propaganda Machine to validate their quest for the outrageous license fee increases. As if they are doing anything special, this is their obligatory function.

I heard about this bullshit from an avid hunter I'm friendly with at work. Extortion. I really want to get into hunting, and I have my license and stamps this year, but if these commie bastards want to impose insane fees for next year I may never hunt here again. We're gonna see a lot of increases in wildlife diseases, overpopulation and destruction of what little wilderness this state has left. Thanks, douchebags! I hate the filthy commie tyrant scum who run this pathetic state. Sic Semper Tyrannis!

This seems to be in conflict with the R3 program that's supposed to be helping stop the loss of sportsmen. "Hey, hunting licenses are down 50%, and working families around the state haven't been working in nearly a year; let's raise the cost of admission, I'm sure that'll help increase engagement!"
If hunting licenses are down 50% then they need to cut staff and expenses by 50%.

No Hunters, no rangers needed.

Screw MA !! I rather spend my money to hunt in the Great woods of Maine and New Hampshire where they appreciate state and out of state hunters.

Back
Top Bottom