SBR help please

cdust666

NES Member
Hello all. I have a sbr that im looking to sell. Can anyone please help with the process i have to do. I want to list it here on NES. Any info will be greatful. Thank you and have a great day.

Hello all. I have a sbr that im looking to sell. Can anyone please help with the process i have to do. I want to list it here on NES. Any info will be greatful. Thank you and have a great day.

Selling as a SBR in state

1) find buyer
2) do Form 4 to transfer the gun from you to him
3) get approval
4) FA10 the gun to him
5) done

Selling as SBR out of state

1) find buyer
2) do form 4 to transfer the gun to FFL/SOT in his home state
3) get approval
4) send gun to FFL/SOT
5) done (for you, he still has to Form 4 to get from dealer)

You can also form 4 to FFL/SOT in your state who once has possession Form 3s the gun to the FFL/SOT in the buyers home state. This extra step is not necessary but not all FFL/SOT will accept a gun from a private party out of state

Selling as non-SBR

1) convert to a non SBR config
2) find buyer
3) sell like any other gun
4) notify ATF that it is no longer a SBR (you can do this after step 1 but just do it at some point)

Converting to non SBR might mean barrel extension or breaking into receiver or... depends on gun and what approach you like

Selling as a SBR in state

1) find buyer
2) do Form 4 to transfer the gun from you to him
3) get approval
4) FA10 the gun to him
5) done

Selling as SBR out of state

1) find buyer
2) do form 4 to transfer the gun to FFL/SOT in his home state
3) get approval
4) send gun to FFL/SOT
5) done (for you, he still has to Form 4 to get from dealer)

You can also form 4 to FFL/SOT in your state who once has possession Form 3s the gun to the FFL/SOT in the buyers home state. This extra step is not necessary but not all FFL/SOT will accept a gun from a private party out of state

Selling as non-SBR

1) convert to a non SBR config
2) find buyer
3) sell like any other gun
4) notify ATF that it is no longer a SBR (you can do this after step 1 but just do it at some point)

Converting to non SBR might mean barrel extension or breaking into receiver or... depends on gun and what approach you like
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom