• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SCAM

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I get an PM from this guy alibewalter 28 who joined NES today. He sent me an email, stating that this guy had the gun I was looking for.
I sent the info to the mods,and decided to play with the guy on the email.I contacted him, and he told me what he wanted for the gun,and to mail
him my address,and that he will take payment threw venmo, or paypal. I told him I would send him a postal money order to send me his address.
That's when he turned,stating that he has been burned by USPS money orders, and the only way he would take payment is threw what he told me.
I told him to send me his address, and I would send him venmo payment. I got @ Daryl-Dulaney, but no home address. Now mind you he stated
that he would send the pistol directly to me. This is getting interesting.

I get an PM from this guy alibewalter 28 who joined NES today. He sent me an email, stating that this guy had the gun I was looking for.
I sent the info to the mods,and decided to play with the guy on the email.I contacted him, and he told me what he wanted for the gun,and to mail
him my address,and that he will take payment threw venmo, or paypal. I told him I would send him a postal money order to send me his address.
That's when he turned,stating that he has been burned by USPS money orders, and the only way he would take payment is threw what he told me.
I told him to send me his address, and I would send him venmo payment. I got @ Daryl-Dulaney, but no home address. Now mind you he stated
that he would send the pistol directly to me. This is getting interesting.
Scam or sting I wonder.

Venmo is pretty much a 99% guaranteed scam.
focused-thief-with-hood-typing-on-laptop-picture-id845608926

But there's a 1% chance.......
iu

There's a bunch of scammers on here. I had a WTB ad on a while back and someone made an account, messaged me info about what I needed to buy which I received in an email notification, then deleted their account so there was no other trace other than me getting the email from NES with his message. Pretty clever. He was trying to sell me stuff illegally or it was Maura trying to entrap a poor fella. Anyway, that's how I ended up with about 30 AR-17s buried in my backyard.

So he sends me this address 4024 Ridgecroft Rd. Baltimore MD. I give it a quick google earth find a place near by,and then email him asking him about the place.
Angry email back, what's with all the questions are we going to do the deal.Well I don't want to play anymore so I email him back stating all emails where forwarded
to the ATF for offering to sell me a firearm over the mail without a licence.

Last edited:
Oh please, nobody is trying to entrap or sting you guys, you're far too small potatoes to be interesting to the people doing such things

Would you bet your freedom on that?

There is no limit to the pettiness that a government agency will stoop to to feather their cap. You and I are dogshit on the bottom of their collective shoes.

Just like "Nobody is coming for your guns"......until they do.

This was a while ago..

I told one guy that PM'd me here that I needed money for a cab to go to the bank and get a money order to send him because my car broke down. I then said my neighbor is an old lady that has an antique lamp I could probably sell at a pawn shop so I was going to break into her house through an open window and take it and also see if she has any cash laying around so I could call a cab to get to the bank.

Said the old lady suddenly woke up so I had to hit her in the head with the lamp and knock her out, but in the process I broke the lamp. Told him I couldn't sell the lamp now because it was broken and she didn't have any money after I rummaged around her house so I asked him to PayPal me $20 for a cab because the cab companies around here take PayPal so I could go to the bank to get him a money order.

There was a lot more but I strung this guy along for about 3 or 4 days, told him the cops were after me as well so I couldn't leave the house...Never heard back from the person lol

Yes, I was bored, but it literally took 3 minutes out of my day.

There's a bunch of scammers on here. I had a WTB ad on a while back and someone made an account, messaged me info about what I needed to buy which I received in an email notification, then deleted their account so there was no other trace other than me getting the email from NES with his message. Pretty clever. He was trying to sell me stuff illegally or it was Maura trying to entrap a poor fella. Anyway, that's how I ended up with about 30 AR-17s buried in my backyard.

I had a scammer give me negative feedback because he was trolling one of my WTS ads with stupid offers and I was replying with prices over asking.

The big brain part of this was he gave me feedback on one of his sock puppet accounts by accident (who was also negotiating for the item, but instead of low balls he was offering trades.) The difference was I never had the chance to reply to this second account, which is where the negative feedback came from. And like classic thief/scammer 101, he left a note in the feedback saying my listing was fake. Yes sir, the guy with ~110+ positive feedback all off a sudden has fake items listed.

Said member is still posting on NES. I brought it up to admin, he said he'd look into it. Guess he hasn't robbed anyone blind to hard yet. That sock puppet account he has with fake feedback from his other fake accounts is certainly shaping up to royally rob someone here.

Some of the common things to look out for with scammers
-Little to no posts on NES. Or posts that are bullshit in general, low effort, etc.
-Little to no feedback. Look at the feedback and make sure there aren't a bunch of repeat people over and over again in short amounts of time.
-Account set to private.
(this guy has all 3)

It was sorta funny, though. The guy offered me $100 under asking for the item, then went on to state he could buy the item new for $250 under asking. [rofl]

I've been selling stuff on here for 10+ years now. 2020/2021 are hands down without a doubt the 2 worst years here so far to sell things. Either scammers or incredibly hard to work with people. I also got blown off several times.

Just like "Nobody is coming for your guns"......until they do.

I've been hearing that for literally 30 years now and I'm still waiting. Its a great NRA fundraising tool though, seems to work every time they roll it out. Just ask Wayne.

I had a scammer give me negative feedback because he was trolling one of my WTS ads with stupid offers and I was replying with prices over asking.

The big brain part of this was he gave me feedback on one of his sock puppet accounts by accident (who was also negotiating for the item, but instead of low balls he was offering trades.) The difference was I never had the chance to reply to this second account, which is where the negative feedback came from. And like classic thief/scammer 101, he left a note in the feedback saying my listing was fake. Yes sir, the guy with ~110+ positive feedback all off a sudden has fake items listed.

Said member is still posting on NES. I brought it up to admin, he said he'd look into it. Guess he hasn't robbed anyone blind to hard yet. That sock puppet account he has with fake feedback from his other fake accounts is certainly shaping up to royally rob someone here.

-Little to no posts on NES. Or posts that are bullshit in general, low effort, etc.
-Little to no feedback. Look at the feedback and make sure there aren't a bunch of repeat people over and over again in short amounts of time.
-Account set to private.
(this guy has all 3)

It was sorta funny, though. The guy offered me $100 under asking for the item, then went on to state he could buy the item new for $250 under asking. [rofl]

I've been selling stuff on here for 10+ years now. 2020/2021 are hands down without a doubt the 2 worst years here so far to sell things. Either scammers or incredibly hard to work with people. I also got blown off several times.

Guy, what you selling?

I like how the scammer screen name "alibewalter 28"
ends with a couple of random digits.

Some of the others do also.

(Sorry @Quikdraw45, @cathouse01, and @rep308. [shocked])
That OK. I’m so used to password rules where you have to include text and digits that I just put digits on the end of everything now. Our new dog Scotti238 doesn’t seem to notice.

-Account set to private.
(this guy has all 3)

OUT HIM!

He was reported 2 weeks ago and I got a confirmation. Im not going to say any names until that investigation comes back negative.

There's a chance he's just an autist FFL from the mill whose also flipping guns on NES. Why he has sock puppet accounts only he'd know. Its in admins hands.

Lots of scammers out there.

Last year I was contacted by a guy who said he inherited three, all-matching military Mauser P08's, badly needed money, and was willing to sell them...cheap. I could get all three for $1000, cash. I got all excited, met the guy with the cash, and it was bullshit. Only two of them were all-matching. The third one was mismatched. I was pissed at the deceit, and only gave him $750.

Scammers.

I like how the scammer screen name "alibewalter 28"
ends with a couple of random digits.

Some of the others do also.

(Sorry @Quikdraw45, @cathouse01, and @rep308. [shocked])
Hey, I represent that remark! See if I ever give YOU a deal again on counterfeit...errr, I mean "Budget Equivalent" ammo! [smile]

Speaking of, I had a person contact me through Armslist. Price too good to be true on a WTB. Sent "identity documents" without my asking. Just didn't smell right. A few weeks later, a new user to NES with a similar name and using the same verbage contacted me in response to my WTB ad here.

Back
Top Bottom