SCAR. Why?

Yeah, I was thinking from a military procurement standpoint. From a civilian standpoint, the H&K offering is just silly expensive. KAC as well, but not as bad as H&K.
Not saying HK isn’t nonsense too, but how is KAC not as bad as HK? Their AR is essentially the same price as a MR556 to slightly less, but the MR762 are noticeably less than the SR25 and substantially less than the M110. Even the HK LRP kit is considerably less than base M110 not even looking at a deployment kit.

Not saying HK isn’t nonsense too, but how is KAC not as bad as HK? Their AR is essentially the same price as a MR556 to slightly less, but the MR762 are noticeably less than the SR25 and substantially less than the M110. Even the HK LRP kit is considerably less than base M110 not even looking at a deployment kit.
You get no contest from me about KAC “collectors” who drive prices crazy. Also, anybody who buys an M110 instead of objectively better SR25s, is suspect. The Army specced the M110 stupidly and refused to accept changes recommended by KAC as time has gone on.

But it does appear the MR762 price point is lower than I realized.

I'm not here to bash the SCAR, but I do have questions. What is the attraction? I did a search to find discussions by actual owners - all I got was pages of people trying to sell them. They appear to be:

1. Expensive
2. Fuggly (at least from the bolt, backwards)
3. Of average performance.

What am I missing? Any thoughts from owners? AITA?

I can't figure out the attraction either, so I only bought two of them.

Huh.. Ok. Thanks. I had heard the part about eating scopes which is an expensive proposition on an already expensive firearm.

Also, the tactical Ugg does improve the appearance.
Where they even thinking optics when they designed it?

Last edited:
Not me. Mine had to go back to Springfield for repair after less than 10 rounds. took it to the range once after I got it back to make sure it worked, and it hasn't been back since. That was about 8 years ago.
Ugh , should sell it then. No sense in keeping it at that point

Back
Top Bottom