• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me in .375 Winchester Ammo?

blindndead

NES Member
Is this ammo no longer produced? Can it be found on shelves? Doing my homework online and im not finding much except for the history. It seemed like a popular round for big game cant see why they would stop production.

Winchester makes it in batches, and when it come up for sale you can expect to pay a premium for it. It's definitely worth reloading if you can.

Last time I saw factory ammo in stock (Ellsworth, Maine) it was over $60 for a box of 20.

It's a wonderful cartridge that never took off. I use Sierra 200gr bullets or Barnes 255gr.

Yea im not skilled in reloading. I do have a friend that may be able to help me if I get him what he needs. 60 bucks is a little steep for my blood. Thanks Dradian!!

Ok thanks for the help. So it's a hit or miss ghost hunt pay though the nose. Or I could look at it as an an opportunity to learn a skill and start reloading.

Last edited:
I had a shop where I was getting a box of 20 for $50., but he went up to $60 for the same box.He said Winchester went up so he had to, but I think he was blowing smoke up my butt because he was the only one
carrying them on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Learn to reload. It's not difficult. Brass and .375 bullets should be easy to come by. You can also cast bullets for it. I cast for the .38/55 which is almost the same caliber. I believe you can also make brass out of .30/30, .32 Special or .38/55 brass if you can't find the correct brass. Reloading has many benefits. Ask your buddy who reloads.

Back
Top Bottom