• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on glocks

Almost forgot to mention that if you go with the 19, get a Gen 4 and immediately ship it to ATI along with $2,300 and you can have your very own Roland Special. It started as a joke but grew to have a following, people actually daily carry with it. If you can conceal a Glock 34 (long ass-slide), you can conceal this thing. The tangos will never know what hit them. Raven concealment makes a holster for them, I think the T-Rex Arms Sidecar may also accommodate it.

B14FBEEC-081E-40EB-B35C-173C73D412EB.jpeg I started off with a g19 and loved it. Easy to clean , take down is easy. It’s a workhorse pistol and I feel confident as edc.

Gained some weight so I switched a to g43. It’s very comfortable. Tons of holster options for it. Good little gun.

I prefer the stippled texture of Gen4/5 over the flatter Gen3 grip. It’s too slick for me. A lot of people put tape over Gen3 grips to work around it.

A note in case you eventually consider larger calibers. The Gen3 SF models of .45 and 10mm are “short frame” and easier for average to small hands to grip. In Gen4 they did away with SF models and introduced interchangeable back straps. All Gen4 or 5 without a back strap are equivalent to the Gen3 SF, so no more need for a separate frame build for varying hand sizes. The models that never had an SF version are now just easier to expand for larger hands.

I tried the 26 but found it really no easier to carry than the 19 so I got rid of it. I mostly carry a 43 now with a plus 2 mag extension for the mag in the gun and a plus 1 extra mag. Sometimes I carry the 19 but I do find the 43 much more comfortable. I shoot the 19 about 1000% more than I shoot the 43 though. I have a Gen4 17 MOS with a vortex Viper than gets shot a lot but will never be carried.

Mag interchange is a big plus. Get a 17 complete, With a spare 34 upper for shits n giggles. Run the 19 edc winter, 26 summer.

The longer slide on G34/35 was designed for competition though some LE adopted it. Their rationale was extra gap between sights for aiming and longer barrel for max muzzle velocity. However, the more recent rise of red dot optics makes sight separation less relevant. If you're interested, consider the MOS Glock models pre-drilled for an optic and including plates to match the mounting pattern of most on the market. As far as muzzle velocity, the advantage turns out to be only around 80 FPS on most tests I've seen, so I don't know that it justifies the extra effort to carry and extra time to draw a long slide.

View attachment 230636 I started off with a g19 and loved it. Easy to clean , take down is easy. It’s a workhorse pistol and I feel confident as edc.

Gained some weight so I switched a to g43. It’s very comfortable. Tons of holster options for it. Good little gun.
What's the deal with the Hyve baseplates? I've seen a few people with them. What do they offer over the standard ones, just +1/2?

What's the deal with the Hyve baseplates? I've seen a few people with them. What do they offer over the standard ones, just +1/2?

Hyve technologies makes little upgrades for Glock and s&w. (Back plates, base plates, mag release extensions) It’s a baseplate that adds a +2.

Quick little change up.

Gen 1&2 will not have a mounting rail on the G19. I believe that Gen 3 and up does if you wanted to mount a light on it.

G19 is that awkward size where my hand doesn't fit quite right on it and it's kind of annoying.

I carry a G26. Flush 10rd mag, or with a +2 extension (or a 12rd PMAG).

I’ve been hemming and hawing over some of those, or other extensions for a while. Hard for me to justify the price when I could just buy more mags.

I’ve been hemming and hawing over some of those, or other extensions for a while. Hard for me to justify the price when I could just buy more mags.
Don't get me wrong, they look pretty cool and if offered some for free I'd definitely try them out. But $28 for one +2/+3 baseplate? That's more expensive than an OEM G19 mag. I got some of the Magpul G19 mags for $7 each around Black Friday. I think like you I'd rather have a mag or two for the cost.

I mean maybe 1 of them to turn a 15rd into an 18 round for carry? I guess? If it were $28 for a three pack or something I'd probably get it. Meanwhile, while typing this, I get an email from another vendor with:
upload_2018-4-19_15-50-51.png

No idea on the quality of these, but still...

That distributor charges the flat $10 shipping, too, so I'd have to order a bunch to get my money's worth.

I think the usefulness of the +2/3 baseplates on a G19 is diminished. With 15rd mags I don't know how much the extra 3 rounds really helps when I could bring another 15rd mag or, if I really wanted to, the 33rder I have. I think if I had a G26 or a G43 they would be really useful though, going from 10 to 13 or 6 to 9 is a solid step up.

I might get one Hyve just for kicks at some point, and use that on the mag in the gun itself. If they made these baseplates for LCP II I'd already have ordered one.

Those are oem extensions, good quality, but sadly that distributor won’t ship to MA...

No, those are not OEM extensions. They look like OEM extensions, but they are not the same polymer and fit/finish, and they don't use the locking insert like the factory ones. I would not trust those on a carry gun.

No, those are not OEM extensions. They look like OEM extensions, but they are not the same polymer and fit/finish, and they don't use the locking insert like the factory ones. I would not trust those on a carry gun.
I believe you are right, that vendor will usually say "OEM" when they are (or in some cases "same mfg as OEM" or something to that effect). These say "Euro MFG" and the item name starts "BUL" which is what they use on Bulgarian AK mags, etc. I assume these are made in Bulgaria and not OEM.

I love my G26 Gen4 and carry it most of the time. I used to have a P938, but its snappiness combined with the small size made it difficult for me to shoot it well. I find the same with the G43, which doesn't conceal much better than the 26 anyway, IMO. For those times when I absolutely need the smallest and lightest, my G42 (.380) does the job. But like I said, I carry the 26 most of the time.

I’m not a huge fan of the 26 actually, just feels unbalanced and chunky, expecially without a pinky extension. I wish it came with a rail actually.

I tried the 26 but found it really no easier to carry than the 19 so I got rid of it. I mostly carry a 43 now with a plus 2 mag extension for the mag in the gun and a plus 1 extra mag. Sometimes I carry the 19 but I do find the 43 much more comfortable. I shoot the 19 about 1000% more than I shoot the 43 though. I have a Gen4 17 MOS with a vortex Viper than gets shot a lot but will never be carried.

I found that the 26 compared to the 19 when carrying , when looking at the two. just a minimal difference between the height of the grip. For all the times i could carry the 26, i could carry the 19 . and magazine extensions are not really practical in this state since its basically 10 rounds with a +0 or a glock 19 mag. The only thing the the 26 does better is it is more comfortable when sitting in a car. I made the switch to the 19 and sold the 26, in favor for the glock 42 for times when i cannot carry the 19. the 19 is the most flexible gun in the lineup with a good holster.

Glock is, above all, reliable! 21 in .45 is boss, but what a fat grip! You can't go wrong with a 17 in 9mm if you have to choose just one Glock. They keep on ticking, they're fun, and they're badass looking! Gen 3 is my favorite.

I have the Glock 19, 26, 43 and 32. Kind of partial to the 32 in .357 Sig. Plenty of inexpensive pre-ban mags (Glock 23) and barrels to interchanges to different calibers.

Thanks SO much for the awesome replies so far guys.
Truth be told, I have anumber of pistols and I’m simply not accurate with my 938 compared to everything else I’ve shot.
Every glock I’ve tried, I’ve been very accurate with. Thinking maybe it’s timr to try one. So far I’m most intrigued by the 9mm single stack 43. I much prefer a single over double stack.
Keep me coming guys. Thanks!

Not being a penis, but it's not the gun. In gamer speak, git gud :D, or gudder?

Just spend more time at the range and the 938 will do you good. Chasing the dragon will just leave you disappointed if the same problem shows up with the different platform. Or buy a Glock, I have 2 myself, all good.

Not being a penis, but it's not the gun. In gamer speak, git gud :D, or gudder?

Just spend more time at the range and the 938 will do you good. Chasing the dragon will just leave you disappointed if the same problem shows up with the different platform. Or buy a Glock, I have 2 myself, all good.

I appreciate that. It’s really the reason I’m using to rationalize my purchase and justify why I “need” a Glock. I shoot the 938 fine; compared to the other stuff I own it’s the least accurate but definitely good enough for the job. I know it’s the snappiness of the gun and that it’ll happen with smaller guns. I’ll keep at it.

Back
Top Bottom