• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Schrade Collectors?

tuna

NES Member
While I love my Buck knives, and have nothing bad to say about them, I picked up an old Schrade copy of the 110 a while back, the LB7. I really like it. It's like having both a Ford and Chevy in the garage - both are equally well, and no fault unless you want to find something to gripe about.

I then tried to get a copy of the 112, but when I ordered the LB5, it seems like it is closer to the Buck 55 than anything else.

Does anyone know what model I'm looking for? There doesn't seem to be a ton of info on Schrade lockbacks, and their system doesn't make sense to me. What I'm looking for is about 4.25" closed with a 3" blade (I know you know what a 112 is, I'm saving you from looking up the dimensions).

I have absolutely no interest in current production, Imperial, or anything made overseas.

Thanks

LB7 was my very first knife when I was in scouts. It was a great knife, I think I still have it somewhere, but it had a lot of use and wear.

yeah, I still own my lb5 I bought in the late '70s. while technologies have improved since in steel development, my knife can get scary sharp. it's pretty much retired, nestled away in it's leather belt sheath. comes out once in a while for old times sake.

yeah, I still own my lb5 I bought in the late '70s. while technologies have improved since in steel development, my knife can get scary sharp. it's pretty much retired, nestled away in it's leather belt sheath. comes out once in a while for old times sake.

I like the LB5, and it is slim enough to fit well in a pocket without being as bulky as the LB7 or Buck 110. I just really like the Buck 112, and would like to see a comparable Schrade. My son has taken both my 112 and my LB5, so I'm looking for something to replace them. At the rate my kids are "borrowing" my knives, I'm going to be down to a sharp stick pretty soon, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom