• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope Mount 'Griffin & Howe', worth anything?

JuergenG

NES Member
Saw this mount on a .30 M1 Carbine I'm eyeing. Is this worth anything?
Thanks for any helpful hints!
Montage.jpg

This is the gun in question with the mount and a (wortless) 4x32 scope.
Carbine_ganz.jpg
The front sight 'ears' are missing and there is a sling mount where the sling goes throught the cut-out, which
are both old castrations to take the 'weapons of war' image off the gun (no joke). Nothing I couldn't replace/change as
long as the gun stays so cheap.

Last edited:
commercial G&H mount (similiar to military mount they did on M1C garand's) im sure worth something, not sure what as G&H mounts are typically in demand in one way or another.

commercial G&H mount (similiar to military mount they did on M1C garand's) im sure worth something, not sure what as G&H mounts are typically in demand in one way or another.

They still make mounts and I have seen G$H mounts on numerich for 200$+. G&H was making quick detach mounts long before the cool kids got them! It's worth something to someone. Generally every G&H mount I have seen was installed very well.

Someone was bidding 5 bucks more on the Carbine w/ mount & scope as I had in, so it's gone.
The auction price would probably drive you folks crazy....just shy of 190 bucks.
Thanks for the infos anyway!

Someone was bidding 5 bucks more on the Carbine w/ mount & scope as I had in, so it's gone.
The auction price would probably drive you folks crazy....just shy of 190 bucks.
Thanks for the infos anyway!

190$ US ? is that a lot in perspective of the cost of guns in your location vs income ?

Back
Top Bottom