• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scope recommendation for RPR .22lr

If using it as a trainer Id something with a good milling reticle, ffp if your other scopes use it, it will help in learning mils and wind etc.

Basically try to get as close to whatever glass you put on your "real" guns so you can get good reps of practice in.

Last edited:
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40 seems to pop up a lot under "best rimfire scopes" articles I've read in the past. Around $300, so a little over your budget, but might be worth it for the name.

Fact of the matter is that glass is expensive and you get what you pay for. It was the same back when I used to be into DSLR camera gear. A lot of the lenses were more expensive than the body. Same with rifles and scopes, so you almost can't even approach scope prices comparing them with the rifle price. You have to approach it with application in mind, then price accordingly.

The application is just to have a fun plinker that I can shoot with my 12yo daughter as she’s expressed an interest in shooting. I ended up going with the vortex diamondback 4-12x40.

Back
Top Bottom