Scope Suggestion for 50-150 yard .22 benchrest

Hello!

Im currently converting my Anschutz 3 position match rifle into a benchrest machine and want to get some suggestion on scopes. ive already sourced and ordered an offset scope mount since my rifle is an early 60's rifle and only has receiver grooves on the back and is designed for barrel-mounted optics. barrel mounted optics are VERY expensive and hard to find, mostly made by Unertl.

Now ill be able to mount a standard scope to the gun and am looking for a scope that fits the following requirements:
-1" tube (specialized scope mount only has 1" rings)
Fine crosshairs for benchrest .22 target shooting
-1/8 MOA accuracy
-Magnification suitable for being able to see .22 holes through the scope out to 100 yards.

Cost is a pretty major factor as i do not have the budget right now for anything above 250, so i know it will be hard to get a quality benchrest-specific scope in that range at all....im trying to find the best bang for my buck.

The rifle is capable of same-hole accuracy at 50 yards easilly with iron sights, so this will be used for precision shooting.

I have not asked there yet, but was just skimming that site. it does seem like the best spot but I anticipate most answers in the 500-1000$ range, haha!

I wont be formally competing....manily just some ultra precision plinking that i find really enjoyable...stuff like shooting thumbtacks off a board from 100 yards or shooting green army figurines from 150 yards away...otherwise im about as proficient shooting groups with iron sights as i am with any scope...its the ultra fine aiming that an aperature doesnt allow that im looking to gain.

Cool thanks guys! I will read up on the benchrest forum and rimfire central for other suggestions as well. Maybe rather than spending 300-400 on a modern scope, i should save for a month and get a unertl that wont be that much more and theoretically will be a great investment if the prices keep going sky high....plus its the scope my gun was made for....

Back
Top Bottom