• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scored some 22 LR at Cabela's

Today stopped by Cabela's on the way to the inlaws (silver lining) and picked up a number of boxes of Federal Champion bulk boxes. With the 20% off coupon they were $16.80/box (525). A little pricey compared to the cheaper bulk packs at Wally World - but all (but 1) Wally worlds around here
stopped selling ammo and I haven't been able to find any rimfire there for months.

Feeling flush now as my plinking/blasting ammo pile has been restocked. I was down to 2+ bulk packs and half dozen sleeves of CCI mini-mags. Now I have another 8 boxes - good feelings...

The regular price is $20.99 - so definitely use the coupons - they really make a difference. I probably get one a week - either $20 off a $100 purchase, or $30 off a $150 purchase....

Just recently they ran an employee pricing sale - which was 5-20% off. Unfortunately I didn't make it up there for that - would have been nice for a large item purchase.

What WMs are not selling ammo there, on the shore all are still selling except New Haven as far as I know.

The one on the Berlin turnpike stopped - or last year when I was there they were breaking down the display and told me they were no longer carrying ammo. I was told the Wallingford one also stopped - today I found out that somebody broke their case (maybe during the remodel) and so they are keeping it out of sight until they can replace the case. So I used to visit those 2 and the Cromwell one - recently just the Cromwell one. So maybe not so bad - except that the 2 never seem to have any rimfire, and infrequently any centerfire handgun ammo.

I was in the Wall. one a while back. I think your right, I don't recall ammo...They all seem to have gotten rid of the guns....it's a shame.
It's seems the ones on the shore here haven't got anything new in a while.
Lot's of 223 again but 22 is spotty, at least in bulk packs.

Old Saybrook had Win 9mm today in bulk, a few box's,.... no bulk 22, no 45, no 380
They did have 38 special

I don't shoot it but I haven't seen 380 for sale in a dogs age.
I hope Wall Mart continues to sell Ammo down the road

Last edited:
I hear you about the 380. I also don't shoot it, but a buddy just bought one at Newington.
We should have a CT ammo thread on here - or Blackberry alert......
On Thursday the Cromwell WW had lots of 223, one box of 357 sig, and 3-4 boxes of 40 S&W (one was 155 JHP, others 180 FMJ - I think.....). They actually had a box of 380 now that I think about it.

Sounds good. I am on here almost every day. Should we ask for it to be made a sticky? Not sure how to do that. Do you have a smartphone? I like the idea of the messenger group as well, although I just got a Blackberry a couple weeks ago, so I will play around to see what we can do.
I just found out buddies scored big at the Wallingford store - 19 bulk boxes of the Federal. Cleaned them out yesterday morning and Monday night.

Hey sounds good. Mods, Can we make this stick?
Yup. I have a Blackberry, like you, got it a month ago. Be great if we can figure it out. I don't have the messanger app yet but can get it.
I was in Wallingford tonight, lol They had shotgun on the shelf but I did not see any other ammo anywhere.
Groton Wall Mart has bulk Federal 22 and bulk Fed target 22 today.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the Manchester store stock is looking like? I haven't been there for a while. I need to keep stashing away .22 bulk packs.

Wallingford Store

I think you have to ask a sales rep (if you can find one[laugh2])
Buddy said due to breakage of their lockable cabinet they are keeping it somewhere else....
Of course this is all second hand as I haven't been to that store in a couple weeks.

Definitely consider Cabela's using a 20% coupon for the Federal Champion packs (price ends up $16..80) which is a couple dollars more - but if you run low an option.

We should contact the OP on the Blackberry thread to see if you can tell us how he created that group.

I am in the process of trying to do the same messenger group that was done for MA. I am having issues with photobucket not uploading the barcode picture. might be becauise of the file type, so I will play around with it a little.
But we should have an ammo megathread as well.

Back
Top Bottom