• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SDS Imports

I was looking at a SDS 1911. I was impressed by its fit and finished also the price. It’s made in Turkey they just come out.
$349 according to grabagun.

It's just me.....trust me.....but I'm a firm believer that you generally get what you pay for. I just can't see a 1911 for that price being a reliable piece of hardware.

$349 according to grabagun.

It's just me.....trust me.....but I'm a firm believer that you generally get what you pay for. I just can't see a 1911 for that price being a reliable piece of hardware.

This forum has many people that bought crappy guns on the cheap and took a loss re-selling them here afterwards. Don't be that guy....,,

I’m a colt guy I just think it’s a fun starter 1911. I got a goldcup ww2 colt and a reproduction WW1 colt very low number made.
I shoot my 1911 two to three times a week. Sig tacops. Runs like a top. Had it a year and a half with that kind of my mileage and the only malfunction it's ever had was with my first batch of 45acp reloads......not enough crimp and the case mouth was hanging up.

I shoot it.....alot.

I think some of the guns out of turkey are ok as long as you know what it is. And if it breaks it might be junk no parts available.
I have a copy of A5 12 gauge from Turkey that I use for ducks and geese never a problem runs like a top have put thousands of rounds thur it no problem.

I’m a Colt geek too, and love my Competition Stainless (also have a Gold Cup Elite and a Delta Elite that haven’t been fired, looking for a Gold Cup Trophy and National Match). I agree that you get what you pay for in the 1911 market to an extent, but that’s related to the high end of the market where you’re dealing with personal options and design and working with a pro to get you the pistol of your dreams.

I'd spend a little more and buy a RIA 1911 before I did that.... if money was an object or you were not going to be shooting competitively.

There are a lot of good low dollar 1911's out there, and a lot of bad ones.... the Remington branded 1911 does not get great reviews but the RIA does and it is a good 100 dollars cheaper.

I’m a Colt geek too, and love my Competition Stainless (also have a Gold Cup Elite and a Delta Elite that haven’t been fired, looking for a Gold Cup Trophy and National Match). I agree that you get what you pay for in the 1911 market to an extent, but that’s related to the high end of the market where you’re dealing with personal options and design and working with a pro to get you the pistol of your dreams.
I'd say this $350 1911 is perfect for the gun owner that

1. Goes to the range once or twice a year
2. Want to tell a half truth and say "I own a government model 1911".

Come to think of it......they'll sell a shit ton of these........cuz there are tons of gun owners out there that fall into that category.

There are plenty out there, new, for around $400.
If you're looking for a platform to build off of, go the rock island route. Seems to be the "go to" for production/ single stack/ ltd 10 shooters.

Back
Top Bottom