• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Search for New Pocket Carry

I will add another for the Sig P238. Pocket carry mine all the time.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Ruger LCR 357mag - I carry with 38spl+P. Just shot 50rd at MFL Thursday. A fine pocket carry. The slightly extra heft of the 357mag version help control. FTF/FTE are nevers for a revolver. Shooting 357mag from it is nasty!

Also, a Kel-Tec PF9 - just as concealable in font pocket.

For even more discrete, Kel-Tec P3AT, although the Ruger version looks nicer.

The LCP trigger flat sucks.

It's 10lbs. plus and gritty at that. It's sights are non-existent. Seriously, pull that sucker from a holster and try to acquire even a front-sight picture. GOOD LUCK.

If you're married to a pocket-gun and have some cash, I'd recommend the SIG P239. 1911 style with 6 or 7+1 capacity in 9mm. This should be obtainable in Mass.

A 5-shot /38 is well worth considering, though you're probably gonna have to spend a not trivial amount of time with the gun before you reach better than broad-side barn accuracy with it.

ALL CC is a compromise. You sacrifice speed of draw for conceal-ability and caliber/capacity for utility.

I usually carry a S&W M640-1 .357 magnum 5 shot on my right front pocket. I use a pocket holster to hide the outline.

A GREAT choice would be one of the S&W 5 shot Air Weight Revolvers!
SnW 640 357 custom leather.jpg

Being a 1911 guy I prefer my Colt Mustang or my Sig P238 for pocket carry. I also had a Keltec PF9, not a bad gun but I just could'nt get used to the trigger and the slide stop sucks to release. Just sold that one today along with a LCP380 I never shot. My next one will be the Sig P938, a clone to the P238, but in 9mm. Just waiting to find the version I like on some gunshop shelf.

I really want a 938 also, but being in MA I suspect it will be another year, or 2 before it makes the approved roster. I am on a list right now waiting for a 238 Equinox, but would much rather have the 9mm version if I could get one!

I carried my 442(I had considered the LCR due to the availability of an affordable 357 and the ability to change the front sight) in my pants pocket until I happened upon a PF9 on the classified section here. Both good carry guns, although I do enjoy the lack of cylinder bulge with the single stack 9.

Back
Top Bottom