Sears Used To Sell *Everything*

EddieZoom

NES Member
Digging through some partial bricks of assorted .22 that I inherited from my father-in-law and out drops this little gem.

Yep, Sears sold *everything*....

Attachments

• 20181113_074108.jpg
    20181113_074108.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 20181113_074115.jpg
    20181113_074115.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 207
cool. I knew they sold shotgun ammo back when, but this stuff....nope, never seen it before.

Well, they sold houses too..
Back in the day they used to be the catalog version of Amazon I suppose

They had a bin of loose shotgun shells in the discount sporting goods section of basement of the Porter Square store when I was a kid (was the 60's). I remember because I picked one up and asked my dad what they were.

I remember handling rifles at the Burlington store as a kid. I thought what did Ted Williams know about guns?

My grandfather used to hunt and fish with him (as well as a few other Sox of that era); he was a fairly serious outdoor sportsman. I've still got several of his "signature" guns, bags, reels, lures, etc which were given to my grandfather. Ted had complete oversight on which products bore his name, and got a few samples of each item before
(for testing) and after (as gifts) they were selected. Jimmy Piersall used to fish with them too; not exactly the same caliber of sportsman though - all he caught, by my recollection of grandpas stories, was Teds ear and and a bat (as in the flying mammal), both on a SEARS fly though! In hindsight that may have been intentional.

House across the street from me is a Craftsman house!
a old guy i knew lived in one in lexington. odd feature of the house was the spot where the refrigerator would go, there was a pedestal riser. he had to buy 3/4 size fridges to fit there. never knew there were such a size but i guess they did make them.

My dad bought me my first .22 at Sears . They sold motorcycles too . 2 cycle twin cylinder. Pistons were connected and went up and down at the same time . Called a Twingal or something like that . Late 60's

Yes, I had (maybe it's still in my stash) a Sears box of .30-06 ammo. I doubt the ammo was original and I really don't recall if it had a Sears headstamp. Odds are it was made by Federal or some other company.

Well, they sold houses too..
Back in the day they used to be the catalog version of Amazon I suppose

Seriously.
Amazon: "Here's a great new business idea, lets create a (n online) catalog and sell everything everyone needs"
Sears: "wait...wut?" [hmmm][hmmm][hmmm]

We have a street in town with four Sears Roebuck houses. As far as ordering other things, my grandfather bought chickens and one time a puppy from sears.

Used to buy ammo at the hanover ma sears and go shooting and hunting behind where the movie theater is now. Along with the stretch of woods along Rt 3 near boston whaler now HomeDepot . I remeber going there and had to get by the pushy vacuum cleaner demo to get to the gun/ammo section.

i remember going to sears when i was 12 to get 22 caiber ammo for my rifle. . My mom was with me. They asked for her drivers license before they would sell it to her.. She was like... "Really? for 22 ammo? what is this russia?"

funny how things change.

Back
Top Bottom