• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Second favorite gun maker

OK fans and fanboys of a certain gun maker:

Everyone has a favorite CC piece.

What would be your second choice make and model for every-day-conceal-carry SD weapon if your favorite company and model didn't exist ?

Not talking about a BUG, but as your primary EDC for SD

Say: Glock fans, if there were no Glocks, what other maker would you choose to carry ?
Sig fans ? what would be your next choice ?
S&W fans ?
and so on and so ....

Well my favorite EDC is my Ruger SR9c, but I have a BG380 as an alternate for warm weather. If I was to have my favorite second choice it would be to get rid of the BG because I don't like anything about it but it's size, and get a Sig p938 (9mm version of the p238). I consider that to be the best of both worlds, and would likely make that my primary carry if it was readily available here in MA. The other choice would be the Springfield XDs, but once again, getting them in MA is very difficult and expensive.

I'd go with a full size 1911. They are proven and sexy.

However, in reality I wouldn't carry anything that didn't allow me to use my fullsize mags in my BUG. My ideal setup is G19/G26 in the summer, G17/G26 in the winter. All spare mags 17 rounders for all three.

I agree on the 1911. I just recently got my first, and actually just got a new holster in the mail yesterday so I can start carrying that now that heavier clothes can help conceal it better. Depending on the time of year/clothing type, you really need to have different guns and holsters (at least I do anyway).

Because the fearless attackers who prey on law-abiding citizens are almost always alone, right? And magazines never malfunction, right? And revolvers are easy to deal with whenever they malfunction, right?

You do know that you won't be attacked by paper silhouettes standing still on the 7 yard line. Right?

All of that is true, but I kind of see the guy's point. I haven't been in too many shootouts, though, so what would I know?[grin]

The benefit of a revolver for carry is that a single bad primer will not stop you from shooting, as the next trigger squeeze loads a fresh round. No real delay between trigger pulls. A mag fed pistol has to have the round ejected to clear an issue before it will continue to shoot. On the flipside, a revolver only holds 6 or 7 rounds, most 9mm's I've seen are in the 12-17 round range, and changing mags is a bit faster than reloading a revolver.

Different strokes for different folks, do what works for you, just make sure you do it well and often.

I don't have a carry permit yet, but I will carry my 1911. If that didn't exist, I would probably opt for the Ruger SR40c, as I have fired it and I really like it. If not that, then that fun ruger 38 special I shot at the Holbrook shoot Sunday, that thing was a tack driver!

If sp101 or pps were out of the question....

For suits/dress clothing: Rohrbaugh R9 (which I plan on getting regardless)
Daily whatever: HK P7 or HK USPc

My favorite I just have to choose from what I have. It would be my G17 GenII. But, honestly, my Beretta 92 is the second one. I can almost guarantee I'm the only one to say it. It doesn't conceal as well as my Sig or Glock, but I just shoot it so well I have to make it my second choice.

First and second are Kahr P9 (not PM9) and S&W 340 PD.

Distant third because I don't usually need to go this small is a Ruber LCP

4th was a Nighthawk Custom Talon II lightweight bobtail. - but I just sold it. So now I need a 4th.
Thinking a .460 XVR smith.

Did you ever shoot one? If you are willing to travel to Massrifle in Woburn, I can let you try one.

Is there any chance I can come to that party. I'm a member at Mass Rifle.
I can bring something interesting to the party if you want. How's a S&W 547 K frame revolver in 9mm??

I can bring other stuff to, but would really like to try the rohrbach.

Don

My EDC is a 2022 SIG 9mm. If I couldn't caryy a SIG, I'd probably go Glock 32 or M&P 45 full size. I don't do subcompact.

EDC is a Gen4 G19 especially in the cooler months. It can disappear and having 15+1 is unbelievable in a gun that thin. I'm thinking of getting the PPS 9mm or the KelTec PF9 for the rest of the time. Summer months is my Ruger SR9c. Love that gun.

EDC is a Gen4 G19 especially in the cooler months. It can disappear and having 15+1 is unbelievable in a gun that thin. I'm thinking of getting the PPS 9mm or the KelTec PF9 for the rest of the time. Summer months is my Ruger SR9c. Love that gun.

Why not a 26? Can use the 19 mags as back ups.

My edc is a glock 19 or 26, but if I couldn't I'd go back to an m&p 9c

Is there any chance I can come to that party. I'm a member at Mass Rifle.
I can bring something interesting to the party if you want. How's a S&W 547 K frame revolver in 9mm??

I can bring other stuff to, but would really like to try the rohrbach.

Don
Don, no problem, please PM me and we can set up a time.

If I had to choose an alternative to my Glock 19, I'd choose my Beretta 92FS. If I had to choose an alternative to my EDC Keltec PF9, it'd be my S&W 442 w/Apex trigger job.

Back
Top Bottom