• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Secret Service Agent Was 'Chillingly Close' to Shooting LBJ

(Oct. 20) -- In a striking admission sure to stoke the imaginations of conspiracy theorists everywhere, a former Secret Service agent reveals how he came "chillingly close" to shooting President Lyndon B. Johnson right outside his home just hours after John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

So reads "The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence," a new book co-authored by the former agent himself, Gerald "Jerry" Blaine, and writer Lisa McCubbin. In it, the authors vividly recall Nov. 22, 1963, the fateful night of Kennedy's assassination, when Blaine was assigned to watch newly appointed President Johnson's house in Washington, D.C., in case of another attack. The third-person account of the near-miss reads as follows (via The Daily Mail):

READ MORE

NOW THAT'S PRESSURE~

Was he charged with ABDW, brandishing, etc...? [laugh]

He had a really good day and a really bad one at the same time...

This is a lot of sound and fury... Of course SS was jumpy... Yep, it was bad, but its like any "one heart beat away" story... I was pretty disappointed as I was hoping for a seriously out of context moment that made him think LBJ was a traitor and in on the assassination. Now that would be juicy... [laugh]

Damn. I thought this was gunna be a good sleeper-cell story the likes of which only Tom Clancy can come up with!

Interesting nonetheless.

......... but its like any "one heart beat away" story...

Off Topic,,, The guy in the bed next to my brother in the rehab hospital had been shot in the chest and the bullet severed part of his spinal cord. The surgeons who treated the wound couldn't figure out why it didn't hit his heart as it was right in the path the bullet had taken. Turned out his heart was contracting violently at having a gun held, point blank, at his sternum and was mid contraction when the shot went by.

Back
Top Bottom