Seecamp LWS .32. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Opinions, nice holsters, advice, ammo...ect.

I just picked one up today after much reading and the usual YouTube reviews. Very little negativity, seems like people love them. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it and sticking it in my pocket as a small summer carry. I didn’t care for my Bodygaurd for pocket carry. Bought a couple of boxes of PMC bronze jhp to run through it. It’s a nice piece for a last ditch belly gtf off me gun. I’m armored.

the years ago early production ones were known for having some issues, bout all i've heard. finicky feeders, keeping the silvertip ammo line running all by its self.

Heard they only run with Silvertips, that's what Seecamp says
The site has been updated with this....
The forum on the Seecamp website has a lot of people running the PMC’s

“I recommend traditional hollow point ammunition ~ Gold Dot, Hydra Shok, Hornady, Silver Tips. I’m wary of "high performance" and home-brewed ammunition that show extraordinary performance under staged conditions.

I have one, super compact. Good summer gun.

Not the best caliber but better than nothing.

There are some other rounds besides the silver tips that “fit”

ETA: It’s not too bad to take down to clean.

I just ordered a Galco pocket protector for it. The Leather ones on the Seecamp site are nice but the Galco looks to be less bulky. Price was right too. Seems to be a firearm that will retain its value in a sea of polymer guns. Time will tell. I think the early ones went for 4 digits and look at them now. Of course current production numbers drove the cost down.

I picked up a Milford CT manufactured .32 earlier this year. So far I've put both Federal HydraShok and Hornady Critical Defense through it without issue. I've got some PMC jhp's still to test.

The pinky extension on the Seecamp website is worth it. They sell it individually or with a mag. Still incredibly easy to pocket carry, even with the pinky extension.

I picked up a Milford CT manufactured .32 earlier this year. So far I've put both Federal HydraShok and Hornady Critical Defense through it without issue. I've got some PMC jhp's still to test.

The pinky extension on the Seecamp website is worth it. They sell it individually or with a mag. Still incredibly easy to pocket carry, even with the pinky extension.
I’m sold. Thanks. I didn’t know they were made in Ct. also. I guess they are pretty popular.

This gun begs to be carried in an ankle holster as a bug... I find it annoying that I can't drop the mag and then clear the chamber to make it safe. They are purty little things. Of course NES skinflints will be quick to point out that you could buy two S&W Shields for the price of the Seecamp. While quite rare to find in MA, I bet the .380 version is a real trip. Mine is the .32. It has also been made in .25.
edc family portrait although the 27 has a monopoly in that area along with the 238.

Attachments

• 20171025_190508.jpg
    20171025_190508.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 73
I got one in 1998 and carried it for several years in an Ahern leather pocket holster. Have fired Silvertips, gold dots and hornady ammo through it with zero problems. I think it is a perfectly capable well made pistol designed for deep concealment. I later decided to switch to a larger caliber and have not carried it in 20 years, but it may wind up back in a pocket as backup if things get much crazier.

I have one I bought from Bobs 20 years ago. Have not shot it in 15 years, but my recollection is it shot 3-4 kinds of ammo with no problems... Cool little gun. Well made and local manufacturing...

This gun begs to be carried in an ankle holster as a bug... I find it annoying that I can't drop the mag and then clear the chamber to make it safe. They are purty little things. Of course NES skinflints will be quick to point out that you could buy two S&W Shields for the price of the Seecamp. While quite rare to find in MA, I bet the .380 version is a real trip. Mine is the .32. It has also been made in .25.
edc family portrait although the 27 has a monopoly in that area along with the 238.

Carried it in a neoprene ankle holster for a long while. Perfect for that use. The bouncing made me feel it was there for me.

Worst gun I’ve ever owned. Spent more money trying to get various ammo to work than the gun was worth.
Spoke to Larry personally. Real nice guy. We tried a bunch of fixes. Nothing worked. He finally told me to return it. You asked.....
Hope you have better luck. ;)

I found an ankle holster at a gun show last year. I would love to find a kydex neck holster for mine. They have been made but I havent found anyone currently making them. It really is a waste of a pocket when I can carry the 27, pm-40 or 238 in my pocket. Save the Seecamp for deep cover and or as a bug.

I have a CT made "California Edition" (aka Mass Legal) version I carried for many years in a back pocket holster that printed like a wallet. I didn't shoot it a lot, but I did discover the Fiocci 60 gr. SJHP rounds fit nice in the mag and functioned flawlessly. Accuracy was tough to distinguish from other brands, because the gun has no sights, but my standard for a pocket gun like this is, if I can hit a refrigerator from across the room, I'm happy. [laugh]

It defiantly has some quirks about it as unloading, you have to drop the magazine and a few other things. Any gun shops sell Eezoc? Their recommended cleaner lube? Anyone use CLP?

I just picked one up today after much reading and the usual YouTube reviews. Very little negativity, seems like people love them. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it and sticking it in my pocket as a small summer carry. I didn’t care for my Bodygaurd for pocket carry. Bought a couple of boxes of PMC bronze jhp to run through it. It’s a nice piece for a last ditch belly gtf off me gun. I’m armored.

I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough. Thankfully I didn't get soaked on the back end because of limited production and various weirdos are obsessed with the gun. It's literally more useful in a display case than being used.

The LWS32 is literally in top 5 worst guns I ever owned. The only reason it's not #1 is because I got most of my money back.

Worst gun I’ve ever owned. Spent more money trying to get various ammo to work than the gun was worth.
Spoke to Larry personally. Real nice guy. We tried a bunch of fixes. Nothing worked. He finally told me to return it. You asked.....
Hope you have better luck. ;)
The problem with mine was ultimately that if you didn't death grip the gun it would jam and when I mean death grip basically your hand had to hurt every time you went to fire the gun because if it didn't hurt you weren't gripping it hard enough....

I carried a P32 for years in my pocket. My biggest worry was them damned rimmed 32 cartridges and the dreaded rimlock.

Given the plethora (plethora? Who am I? The Infamous El Guapo?) of 380's out there not much bigger and certainly not much heavier, I have to wonder how Seecamp even sells any guns anymore.

I carry it with the Speer GDs (when I rarely carry it) and practice with the PMC Bronze 60gn JHP. (PMC is a little more than half the price of the GD) And who can find WIN Silvertips???
I would carry with the PMC. It runs and shoots that well...

I carry it in a Don Hume, which fits well in Jeans/Dickies/dress pants very well and does not tilt in the pocket.
It was very tight at first though, and would pull out with the .32 when drawing from the pocket on looser slacks.
I corrected that by placing the pistol in a very thin dress sock and then holstering the pistol.
I let it sit that way for a week and it stretched the leather just enough to make it give up the gun properly.
I bought the really nicely made DH holster in a deep-rich maroon for $30 bucks almost 8 years ago. (I'm sure they're more than that now)
Great stitching, the finish is very durable, and looks like it just came out of the box...
1599144266211.png
^Not my photo.

My Seecamp has run very well, and I shoot it well enough for what it is... After learning its manual-of-arms.

Never broke a spring though...

Last edited:
Any gun shops sell Eezoc? Their recommended cleaner lube? Anyone use CLP?
EEZOX? Not that I've seen. Maybe best getting it online. I've only ever used CLP on it and all my guns since Uncle Sam introduced it to me. No issues with finish or grip panels...

Their recommended cleaner lube?
Could just mean Seecamp has a marketing deal with EEZOX, who knows?

Love my Seecamp though I most often opt for a BG380. Best thing to do is read the manual thoroughly to understand the nuances of the gun, and pore over the Seecamp forum.

Some .32 will be too long for the magazine. I don't recall whether or not PMC is too long, but the OAL is listed in the forum to help you avoid the wrong brands.

A Seecamp is like a fine pocket watch.

Back
Top Bottom