Self Defense Firearm Insurance for NH residents?

I am looking for an insurance provider that will cover me if I ever have to use my weapon in a self defense shooting. I used to have Texas Law Shield when I lived in another area of the country, but I can't seem to find one similar up here. I just received my resident handgun license and don't want to get caught with my pants down if something bad ever happened. Does anybody know of one that can provide services to a NH resident?

I am looking for an insurance provider that will cover me if I ever have to use my weapon in a self defense shooting. I used to have Texas Law Shield when I lived in another area of the country, but I can't seem to find one similar up here. I just received my resident handgun license and don't want to get caught with my pants down if something bad ever happened. Does anybody know of one that can provide services to a NH resident?
If you have auto and/or homeowners ask your agent about adding umbrella coverage and if it would cover what you say. I would start there before purchasing separate coverage. You could set the coverage $$. May even pay for itself when bundled with other policies.

I suspect your homeowners insurance would pay to patch up your drywall, etc.

What exactly do you expect this insurance policy to pay out on? Reddit covered the downsides of such insurance pretty well.

With RSA 627:1-a, there's no market in NH for slimeball lawyers to try to sue a defender who has already been cleared by the police.

Now if you routinely carry in MA on a non-resident permit, that's a whole different situation...

NRA, USCCA and others offer so-called insurance but whether it pays out and when/how vary and the value is questionable regardless what state you are in.

Dug up this old thread.

It appears that Texas Law Shield has branched off with a U.S. version. Does anyone know anything about them?

Home - U.S. & Texas LawShield

The club I belong to is sponsoring one of their gun law seminars and was thinking about attending. Is it worth the trip?

Back
Top Bottom