• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Self defense shoot aftermath in MA vs other state scenario

legal costs for a murder case can be ruinous no matter where. I bet Zimmerman‘s defense was north of $1M
kyle rittenhouse is still dealing with bullshit for a clear cut self-defense case.

Both Rittenhouse and Zimmerman went out of there way to put themselves in the situation they ended up in, don't get me wrong, they had every right to do what they did. but with that came extra scrutiny from the left

Both Rittenhouse and Zimmerman went out of there way to put themselves in the situation they ended up in, don't get me wrong, they had every right to do what they did. but with that came extra scrutiny from the left
in the case of rittenhouse, how dare he go to a city that liberals were busy burning down. he shouldnt have been there, dressed like that.

in the case of rittenhouse, how dare he go to a city that liberals were busy burning down. he shouldnt have been there, dressed like that.
he had the right to be there..... so did I, But I wouldn't risk what I have, Knowing what I know

Isn't it more likely that the DA will sit for 6 months while "considering charges" and then quietly let the thing die on the vine without charges if it's a clean shoot? You get to sweat your nuts off and hire a lawyer and go into witsec while the DA hopes any bad press gets broomed by the current freak out of the day and everyone has forgotten you did a thing.
Lets ask that off duty security guard that saved that doctor

he had the right to be there..... so did I, But I wouldn't risk what I have, Knowing what I know
If some commies were out destroying my town, I'd go out armed to put out fires and help the lefties feel unwelcome. If enough of an area burns down, a democrat will come in and make it housing for welfare rats and other leeches.

If some commies were out destroying my town, I'd go out armed to put out fires and help the lefties feel unwelcome. If enough of an area burns down, a democrat will come in and make it housing for welfare rats and other leeches.
Yea, I would to, but was it his town?

Didn't he also work there as a lifeguard? I might be misremembering.
in Illinois as well as a cadet program with fire dept, and explorers program with the police department in his hometown of Antioch Illinois

Last edited:
kyle rittenhouse is still dealing with bullshit for a clear cut self-defense case.
Rittenhouse is also dealing with multiple libel, defamation and slander cases by major media networks that called him a murderer, white supremacist, etc, where it’s likely he’ll cash in big.

I'm going to start by saying I haven't read all 3 pages of posts. I just found this thread.

But this is what I think will happen.

After researching and reading all the articles on defensive gun uses (DGUs) in MA, I'm pretty confident that if you assume it's 100% clean, there won't be any arrest.

I think there is also a reasonable chance that your LTC will be pulled while they investigate. Which means that in the time after a DGU you need to get your firearms out of your possession. Without charges you won't be a federally prohibited person, so simply driving them over state lines into a free state should suffice.

But if you don't have a friend in another state, then bring them to your local dealer and have them book them in.

Of note, is that if you have AR type firearms you should remove the uppers, since they aren't firearms and give them to a friend to hold.
If the cops come, they will take all of your scopes, gun parts, etc, even though the law doesn't authorize that. Bring them to a friends also.

If you want to press things, you could make the argument that a stripped frame, while a firearm per fed law, is not a firearm per MA law and is therefore not subject to any MA firearms laws. So if you strip everything down and hand the lowers and frames to a local gun hating friend who does not have a LTC, then you will be safe. Note that MA safe storage laws don't apply to stripped lowers/frames. So the friend would not have to own a safe.

I wouldn't do that, but it's legally sound. IMHO, the best thing to do is simply move them out of state. It's not logistically complex, expensive or time consuming and is 100% legal.

Then, if nothing happens and your town does not pull your LTC, it's easy and free to get them back.

Family roots kinda hard. Looking at NH currently and getting an out of state LTC
I hear you on this too. I would like to move to NH (trying to make plans to in the next 3 years) but with my job industry it is hard to leave the Boston Metro area and find something similar in a place like NH.

I'm going to start by saying I haven't read all 3 pages of posts. I just found this thread.

But this is what I think will happen.

After researching and reading all the articles on defensive gun uses (DGUs) in MA, I'm pretty confident that if you assume it's 100% clean, there won't be any arrest.

I think there is also a reasonable chance that your LTC will be pulled while they investigate. Which means that in the time after a DGU you need to get your firearms out of your possession. Without charges you won't be a federally prohibited person, so simply driving them over state lines into a free state should suffice.

But if you don't have a friend in another state, then bring them to your local dealer and have them book them in.

Of note, is that if you have AR type firearms you should remove the uppers, since they aren't firearms and give them to a friend to hold.
If the cops come, they will take all of your scopes, gun parts, etc, even though the law doesn't authorize that. Bring them to a friends also.

If you want to press things, you could make the argument that a stripped frame, while a firearm per fed law, is not a firearm per MA law and is therefore not subject to any MA firearms laws. So if you strip everything down and hand the lowers and frames to a local gun hating friend who does not have a LTC, then you will be safe. Note that MA safe storage laws don't apply to stripped lowers/frames. So the friend would not have to own a safe.

I wouldn't do that, but it's legally sound. IMHO, the best thing to do is simply move them out of state. It's not logistically complex, expensive or time consuming and is 100% legal.

Then, if nothing happens and your town does not pull your LTC, it's easy and free to get them back.
I would think someone would be hard pressed to be able to do all that themselves in the immediate aftermath of a defense shooting.

It's worth noting though that if he's dealing with civil bs It's because of the high profile of his case. Most of the time attorneys won't even take those suits unless there's a big gold pot for them....

Six hours to drive across Texas. Ha!

On a good day DFW to Austin is 4 hours. Austin to South Padre Island is 6 hours. Texarcana to El Paso is probably 2, but could be 3 days.

Unless you've been there, and I don't know if you have, people just don't understand how big it is.

It's likely that there are counties in TX bigger than MA.

Massachusetts is TINY. It isn't Texas where its 6 hours to drive across state. Rindge NH is 90 mins away from most of MA. Hell the NH border is 90 mins or LESS away from just about all of MA.

"Oh MaH FaMiLy!"

View attachment 737452

Here is what a nyc reality is. We just got same sort of people to take power. Just need to be realistic now that all laws and common sense are no longer applicable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom