• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sellier & bellot 9 mm

I have used it, Have never had any problems. Functions good in Semi auto pistols, and Full Auto SMG.

I love that stuff, when you can find it cheap. Sometimes Cabela's runs specials on the 9mm for like $9 per 50 rounds. It's good ammo. I have shot the 9mm and .45auto. It's expensive, but good ammo.

I'm iffy on it. I've shot plenty of it some of which I bought of a guy whose gun wouldn't cycle with it. I don't like reloading it. Using a magnet I've detected steel in some of it. Also, the rim is a little off and doesn't sit as firmly in the shell plate as it should.

I have never fired the stuff, but I have tried to reload the brass. S&B is probably the worst 9mm brass I have ever loaded. If you are buying loaded ammo with the intent of re using the brass, it might be wiser to spend a little more $ and get better brass.

I have never fired the stuff, but I have tried to reload the brass. S&B is probably the worst 9mm brass I have ever loaded. If you are buying loaded ammo with the intent of re using the brass, it might be wiser to spend a little more $ and get better brass.

Absolutely. All the S&B brass I find gets put in the scrap bucket.

What was wrong with it?

As to why it sucked, I'm gonna bet that since reloading is nowhere near popular in the EU as it is here most European ammo makers (with the notable exception of Norma and Lapua) don't care about the reloadability of the cases.

What was wrong with it?

As to why it sucked, I'm gonna bet that since reloading is nowhere near popular in the EU as it is here most European ammo makers (with the notable exception of Norma and Lapua) don't care about the reloadability of the cases.

The primer pockets have little chamfer. I usually just wiggle the case to get alignment and they go in fine.

Back
Top Bottom