Selling a Pre-Ban back into Mass?

I couldn't find the exact info in a search....

I was a Mass resident in 2010 and did a FTF transfer for a MAK90 and have a copy of the FA10 I filed. I moved to NH in 2011 and still have the rifle but would like to sell it to a friend that lives in Mass with an LTC.

I thought since it was in Mass as a "pre-ban" that it's allowed to come back to Mass but I can't find any info that specifically says this. What would be the proper way to conduct this transfer? My friend hasn't bought anything FTF so has transfers.

The rifle is pre 94 yes, I bought it from a member on NES FTF in 2010 and I have a copy of the FA10 I filed as proof it was in Mass.

I guess I don't understand the laws.. (shocker)

I thought the guns had to be in Mass prior to the ban and no more were allowed in. For example, my buddy in Mass can go on gunbroker and buy a MAK90 (1990) AK and ship it to Mass if it was never in Mass?

I thought the guns had to be in Mass prior to the ban and no more were allowed in. For example, my buddy in Mass can go on gunbroker and buy a MAK90 (1990) AK and ship it to Mass if it was never in Mass?
Not pre 94. They are immune to awb.

If you don’t have a MA LTC, I don’t think you can FA10/eFA10 because it requires a LTC number. Beyond that, if you’re now out of state, I believe you have to go through an FFL, as mentioned above.

As others have said, since you live in different states, apparently, you would need to use an FFL.
That said, if it's pre-94 a good FFL will do the transfer.

I was told by one MA FFL they wouldn't touch a "pre-Healey" AR/AK from out of state. I have two "pre-enforcement notice" rifles I owned in MA before I left (still have the FA-10s) that in normal times I'd consider selling "back into MA" since I could typically replace them in NH and I like giving the finger to MA. But, at least from a sample size of one, they would only do pre-94s.

You’re thinking of the in state before 1998 law. Pre 94 goes anywhere. Uneducated FFL’s will say no because it’s easier than actually learning

You’re thinking of the in state before 1998 law. Pre 94 goes anywhere. Uneducated FFL’s will say no because it’s easier than actually learning

Very true. I swear many FFLs just brush this all aside because they just don't want to know because they are too busy selling MA compliant concealable stuff. Its kind of like an electrician that doesn't know code and just likes pluging things in instead of wiring things.

Last edited:
Easiest way to avoid the MA bullshit would be to have your friend go with you to a NH FFL.
The dealer can transfer it to him and he can bring it home and file his own EFA10.

Pre94 doesn’t need to meet any AWB requirements and any dealer can transfer it.
But that doesn’t mean they ALL will.

Also, there is nothing in the law for pre 94 (or even Healeys notice) that an item must be “in MA” prior to the so called ban.

Easiest way to avoid the MA bullshit would be to have your friend go with you to a NH FFL.
The dealer can transfer it to him and he can bring it home and file his own EFA10.

Pre94 doesn’t need to meet any AWB requirements and any dealer can transfer it.
But that doesn’t mean they ALL will.

Also, there is nothing in the law for pre 94 (or even Healeys notice) that an item must be “in MA” prior to the so called ban.

This. But call first to make sure that the FFL in NH will do it.

Bob

I was told by one MA FFL they wouldn't touch a "pre-Healey" AR/AK from out of state. I have two "pre-enforcement notice" rifles I owned in MA before I left (still have the FA-10s) that in normal times I'd consider selling "back into MA" since I could typically replace them in NH and I like giving the finger to MA. But, at least from a sample size of one, they would only do pre-94s.

The reality is you can do this with enough legwork, but the other reality is that "pre healey 7/16" doesn't actually mean anything in terms of money, most of the time. At least if the buyer isn't an imbecile. There are a few imbeciles that are caught up in "pre healey", even some dealers, but better off dismissing them and moving on with ones life.

😫

1613427940554.png

Not picking on the seller here (wait, yes I am) but THIS is why there is so much miss-information and the sheep in MA continually have their heads up their @$$...

In the span of about a year, I now can't find an effing stripped lower for less than a left nut and most of those outside of MA are petrified to even ship a take down pin...

"Pre-Healey" is bad enought...IT IS NOT THE EFFING LAW...

Now we apparently have "Pre-Biden" BS...

WTAF is this and WHO TF invented this BS...

Did the new guy enact something or is it you simply want to charge a 100% premium 'cuz "Bidet" now?

People suck, period.

Yeah, rant 2/10, whatEVA...

Just really sick of this stupid BS that keeps getting perpetuated and blown out of the stratosphere because of the uncontrolled ignorance of the masses.

That's all.

Resident pant-shitter here and just purchased a pre-94 rifle from a NH shop/FFL after finally convincing them it was legal to do so.

First time ever doing this. Any pitfalls to look out for on the EFA10 portal? Any navigation advice?

Thanks

ps. Sorry, Jack.

Resident pant-shitter here and just purchased a pre-94 rifle from a NH shop/FFL after finally convincing them it was legal to do so.

First time ever doing this. Any pitfalls to look out for on the EFA10 portal? Any navigation advice?

Thanks

ps. Sorry, Jack.
Just fill it out, but skip the page that asks where you obtained the gun.

Just fill it out, but skip the page that asks where you obtained the gun.
4povff.jpg

[thumbsup]

I know it's because of some reality like
"NH FFLs don't have (and don't need) MA dealer license numbers,
so it makes no sense to fill out that section".

Just teasing.

4povff.jpg

[thumbsup]

I know it's because of some reality like
"NH FFLs don't have (and don't need) MA dealer license numbers,
so it makes no sense to fill out that section".

Just teasing.
Yes except when you the Builder nobody's dealer info belongs in there regardless of where it came from.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom