• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling Firearms: Locations

BW23

NES Member
Hey All,

I want to trade/sell a few firearms. I can't seem to find FA-10 forms anywhere, really annoying! And don't want to dish out $35-$40 for a FFL transfer. Just out of principal.

Anyways...have any of you been able to use the online eFA-10 link at a Panera Bread, Starbucks or any other place that has free Wifi? I don't know if it restricts places with non-secure wifi.

I don't want people I don't know in my house, plain and simple.

Thanks for your help!
BW

Yeah, print them out so you both can have copies. Then you can submit the eFA-10 on your own time within the 7 day window. For location, just go to your club/range if you have one. That's the safest place I would say. Well, almost. I sold a firearm to an LEO once and we did the transaction in the interrogation room at his station. That was weird.

Dude; if you're not doing it in some dark parking lot late at night, feeling like its a drug-deal about to go down... you ain't doin it right.
Man, that gets your endorphines flowing.

McDonalds has excellent free WiFi.

BTW, why not just do it preemptively? Unless you don't trust the buyer, then you shouldn't be selling them the gun to begin with. [laugh]

-Mike

What I did. Worked for me. No need for trust this way.

I met the buyer at my gun club and he inspected the firearm. He could still back out. Since he approved, I just filled out a PDF copy by hand, that I had printed, for him to take home as a record.

Next, I went home and entered the data on line to the State and saved their PDF copy. I emailed one of these PDFs to the buyer as his official copy and printed one for me.

Hey All,

I want to trade/sell a few firearms. I can't seem to find FA-10 forms anywhere, really annoying! And don't want to dish out $35-$40 for a FFL transfer. Just out of principal.

Anyways...have any of you been able to use the online eFA-10 link at a Panera Bread, Starbucks or any other place that has free Wifi? I don't know if it restricts places with non-secure wifi.

I don't want people I don't know in my house, plain and simple.

Thanks for your help!
BW

Starbucks are supposed to be open carry friendly?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, print them out so you both can have copies. Then you can submit the eFA-10 on your own time within the 7 day window. For location, just go to your club/range if you have one. That's the safest place I would say. Well, almost. I sold a firearm to an LEO once and we did the transaction in the interrogation room at his station. That was weird.

Did the cop have a hard time finding an FA-10?

Complete the transaction at your clib.

I met the buyer at my gun club and he inspected the firearm. He could still back out.
+1
As long as your club doesn't have an FFL (Unlikely, especially in MA), then meeting at your club makes sense, gives the buyer a chance to test fire.

Its my understanding that you can no longer print out the fa10 forms, well you can print them, they just wont accept them. I met the purchaser at McDonalds and used there WiFi. Then I emailed them a copy of the pdf file and printed mine out when I got home.

Cant you still print them out...go to the library and print out a bunch

since no one said it directly: you can print it, sure but the state has taken their PDF down and will reject it if you send in an unserialized form. they have rejected mine, a**h***s.

I met the buyer at my gun club and he inspected the firearm. He could still back out. Since he approved, I just filled out a PDF copy by hand, that I had printed, for him to take home as a record.

Next, I went home and entered the data on line to the State and saved their PDF copy. I emailed one of these PDFs to the buyer as his official copy and printed one for me.

however this is a good use for the unserialized forms if you have to take the info home to use online.

I go to the park in Dorchester, leave it in the bushes, call the other party with the location for the money bag to be dropped and we are done! What is this FU-10 form you speak of?

Great tip! Didn't even think of doing it that way and at the my club. Thanks!

McDonalds has excellent free WiFi.

BTW, why not just do it preemptively? Unless you don't trust the buyer, then you shouldn't be selling them the gun to begin with. [laugh]

-Mike

Only dealt firearms to my friends. Strangers on the other hand, I don't want them near my house and family.

Perfect example! Thanks for assisting the not so experienced seller as myself.

Only dealt firearms to my friends. Strangers on the other hand, I don't want them near my house and family.

You should tell your statement to the brown guy showing up at your front step. Or maybe the mailman. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom