Selling firearms.

Hey there, I just wanted to know how to legally go about selling firearms, pistols, rifles, shotguns muzzleloaders. Am I required to go through and FFL for all private transactions?

Private Sales and Transfers
Massachusetts law allows duly licensed private citizens to transfer firearms between themselves, provided the state is notified of the sale within 7 days and that the individuals can legaly possess the firearm(s) being transferred with the license in their possession. The amount you pay for the gun is not the state’s business.
Just as with the dealer sale, the Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal is used. Information on the buyer, the seller and the firearms is recorded. The buyer and seller must follow all instructions on the web portal.
An individual may sell no more than four guns to private individuals in a calendar year. There is no limit to the number of guns that an individual may transfer through a dealer.

This has all the info you need:
https//goal.org/handgun-sales-info-massachusetts-goal/

Hey there, I just wanted to know how to legally go about selling firearms, pistols, rifles, shotguns muzzleloaders. Am I required to go through and FFL for all private transactions?

Follow the directions in post two for like 90% of your transactions. It's far, far easier than you think.

For muzzleloaders? Dunno.

Assuming your hold a firearms license you can transfer up to 4 firearms face-to-face to another license holder here in MA.

That can be helpful in those instances where there are firearms you're trying to sell that FFL's are not able to transfer to license holders. Most Glocks fall into that category but can be sold FTF via FA-10.

Save the personal transfers for those items. As you get 4 per year, depending on how many you're trying to sell FTF, try to get 4 in this year and then you'll have 4 more in January. It's 4 per calendar year.

Back
Top Bottom