selling off C&R rifles & pistols

Guess I underestimated this group. I'll have to sit down and take some pic's and get a list up.
Thanks everybody
Dan

Dan, I just explained this in another thread, but here goes.

Gun shops typically will pay ~50% of what they think that they can sell a gun for when they buy them outright. That's a huge rip-off. If you put them on consignment, you usually will get 75-80% of what they sell for.

That said, there is a problem in MA, C&Rs handguns can't legally be transferred to MA residents (until 1/1/2021) UNLESS they are on the EOPS Roster (damn near no C&Rs are on that list), or UNLESS you can prove to the dealer that the gun was in Mass on/before 10/21/1998 (grandfathered). So unless you have receipts or old tissue-paper FA-10s to prove this, most MA dealers won't touch them or will give you a lot less than what I stated above as they then have to transfer them OUTSIDE of Mass only (legally speaking).

There are a lot of us here with C&R FFLs that are more than willing to buy them for a fair price. Just keep in mind that for inside MA sales/transfers that you are still limited to max 4/calendar year on FA-10 before having to go thru a dealer. There is a way around this that I will not post publicly, but you have my contact info so feel free to reach out to me if you want to discuss it or any other questions about proceeding.

I too would like to see your list of what you want to get rid of.

This. Start here, your return will be better. If you end up with items that don't sell, have a talk with Brian at B&K Sales in Natick.

I agree, Brian will be fairer than probably anyone else out there on C&Rs.

The "list" should be provided to members in the order in which they responded to this thread. That would make, hmm, let me check who responded first... LOL[rofl]

I have a C&R... what are you selling? PM me and I may buy off some of your collection sir. Otherwise, I'd say any store that offers low consignment rates (Some are 15-20 percent).

The "list" should be provided to members in the order in which they responded to this thread. That would make, hmm, let me check who responded first... LOL[rofl]

Yeah but I joined NES two months before you, so that put's me ahead in line..

I'm OK with that. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The mob is getting restless...[laugh]

I'm the first person who indicated cash in hand, so CaptDan should send me the list first so I can pick and choose before he sends it to all you punters! [wink]

Just let the man post his list; he hasn't even said what he has. Then the lions can eat the Christians.

How about this - give the young members a chance first?

T[popcorn]

I just realized this guy is probably raising the prices of everything as we keep posting on this thread. We'll have another string of threads like we've been getting every Friday lately from another dreamer with a bunch of overpriced C&R's that no one can afford or would even pay for in the first place.

But, FTR...I'm still second in line. And my dad can beat up your dad, so there!

If moms are on the table, I wanna see wives, girlfriends and sisters. If we're gonna go straight savage lets go all the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just realized this guy is probably raising the prices of everything as we keep posting on this thread. We'll have another string of threads like we've been getting every Friday lately from another dreamer with a bunch of overpriced C&R's that no one can afford or would even pay for in the first place.

But, FTR...I'm still second in line. And my dad can beat up your dad, so there!

Hilarious! Good one.

I'll offer to help take pictures and list the items. Of course that's after I get first crack at them. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom