• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling off most of my C+R collection

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Well folks its time to thin the herd. I don't hit the range as I used to.
Anyone know of a FFL dealer that folks would recommend?

I have a C&R license. Got any pictures of the collection your selling? Guys and Gals I am first ! [rofl]

Not this BS again! Post them in the classifieds or keep it quiet...I personally wasn't very happy when the 'other guy' led us on for a week only to tell us he took his stuff to B&K sales...Guess who that was.

Last edited:
50 BMG is a long-timer and solid guy. That said a "collection" is hard to sell onesies and twosies in the classifieds...

Likewise I've known Fred personally for many years now and will likewise vouch for him.

MA gun laws do NOT recognize the C&R FFL (which is a good thing) so even C&R FFL to C&R FFL, you burn one of your four/calendar year FTF transfers between 2 MA resident LTC holders. Yes, he could sell off an unlimited number of guns to NON-MA C&R FFLs with no problem except the shipping hassle.

So a dealer is essential to both guys to dispose of quantity.

You should give your fellow NES members a chance to buy them.Then what you don't sell give to a dealer.

So what is the commission rate for these shops when consigning C&R items? I'm looking at 25% locally. [shocked]

Fred, here's an idea to maximize the money legally.

Rent a table at one of the large NH shows and sell them to C&R FFLs only. Selling them to NON-MA folks with a C&R FFL, you aren't limited to 4 you can sell as many as folks buy and it is all perfectly legal.

I honestly do not know if doing it in NH with a MA C&R FFL would or would not require you doing the eFA-10 (vs. they do it as registration when they get home) and chewing up the 4 FTF/calendar year.

- - - Updated - - -

So what is the commission rate for these shops when consigning C&R items? I'm looking at 25% locally. [shocked]

Typically advertised in these parts as 15-20%, but if you bring a large quantity some dealers will likely reduce that.

I'm doing the gunshow in Concord NH on April 8-9th. If you wanted to do the gunshow I would be willing to help you with transfers so you wouldn't have to just sell to C&R people. If that's the direction you wanted to go that is. PM me of it is something​ your interested in.

vultures are circling....again [laugh]

Yes, but it's SO tempting. [smile]

The reality of it is that if one has several for sale in Mass, it takes too long to sell more than 4 and people suck: No-shows or very late for meetings, tire kickers, endless emails questions followed by dead air, ridiculous low-ball offers followed by rudeness when told no thank you. Selling one or two at a time is easy enough to manage, but I too would go to a dealer if I had quantity to sell all at once.

B&K already mentioned. Another great place that specializes in C&R is Pack and Postal in Lancaster.

Yes, but it's SO tempting. [smile]

The reality of it is that if one has several for sale in Mass, it takes too long to sell more than 4 and people suck: No-shows or very late for meetings, tire kickers, endless emails questions followed by dead air, ridiculous low-ball offers followed by rudeness when told no thank you. Selling one or two at a time is easy enough to manage, but I too would go to a dealer if I had quantity to sell all at once.

B&K already mentioned. Another great place that specializes in C&R is Pack and Postal in Lancaster.

This.

Plus, his guns his rules.

Thanks folks I was contacted by an FFL who is taking care of it for me. As to putting them up on the classified section I don't want to sell them myself I want an FFL to do the entire lot.

Thanks folks I was contacted by an FFL who is taking care of it for me. As to putting them up on the classified section I don't want to sell them myself I want an FFL to do the entire lot.

Are you going to let us know what FFL so we can try to buy something?
I hear often of local FFLs getting "collections" and never see anything on the shelves. Do these dealers just auction off the bulk?
Speaking of auction I just got RIA flyer for up coming big auction....man what damage I could do go a bank account if I had one.

I just couldn't deal with 16 sales by myself that's why I commissioned them to B & K sales in Natick. However as a green member and a C & R FFL lic holder if you buy one on my rifles from B & K sales and mention it you will receive $50.00 off the price. Only C&R and green members.

Dan Long

I just couldn't deal with 16 sales by myself that's why I commissioned them to B & K sales in Natick. However as a green member and a C & R FFL lic holder if you buy one on my rifles from B & K sales and mention it you will receive $50.00 off the price. Only C&R and green members.

Dan Long

Hummmmm. I was at B&K today looking over two of your rifles. Might have to give them a second look.

Dan Long

Thats a stand-up thing to do, Captain. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom