semi auto 308

The two accurate are the two you blacklisted. I owned an Larue and a LMT. Both shot 1/2inch groups at 100 yards. I hit 14" plates at 1 mile with my Larue.

For a "battle rifle"?? No thanx. If I was in competition, I'd be all over it. Looks like it weighs a metric ton, they don't mention the weight.

Its a custom rifle, you can pick a lighter weight stock and have the barrel fluted. want to save more weight? go for an 18" barrel instead of the 20.
Its an AR-10, doesn't weight any more than other brands if you have the same components. Its the barrel and chamber machining that you pay for.
This is actually one of the lesser expensive guns they have. They have some bolt guns that get upwards of 5k without glass.

Ya I don't quite understand the LMT/ Larue thing either. If you are looking at AR's it makes no sense to not put them on the list to consider. I could see if you didn't want an AR but it doesn't make sense to me to say other brands are ok but 2 very qualified options aren't in the running.

was that meant to discourage me from my repr lust ???
because it didn't...

No not at all, I'm a big lwrc advocate, I have an SPR. Just showing you and anyone else the comparison between the 2. Basically pointing out that the SCAR is no slouch.

The M14/ M1A is certainly battle proven and in the National Match or Super Match versions is a tack driver.

I didn't like the balance of my M1A with a Vltor modstock. The weight was forward, my AR10 weighs almost the exact same, but the weight 'feels' further back towards the stock. Maybe just me though.

Mags aren't really an issue, but the AR10 magpuls are nice.

Well I’ll tell you. Just skipping along and looking at the various threads, I see an interesting title, read the thread and most likely do not respond. Every so often I do respond. I never paid any attention to the date of the last post before mine on this thread so I had no idea it was old. If I upset anyone, confused anyone, offended anyone, annoyed anyone, bewildered anyone, or made anyones head explode then I apologize. I still think the SOCOM16 is an excellent choice for an all around general purpose defensive 7.62

I’m just going to use this thread to post my recent build. 6.5, but you can pretend it’s in 308 if you want.

ED000D2C-B6ED-4634-83E4-4986276C6BAA.jpeg

Seriously though, there are lots of 308 gas gun options available now and I wholeheartedly disagree with the recommendation to get a SOCOM 16 in this day and age. Unless you’re looking for something that you can pick up at just about any MA dealer.

If you want plentiful Preban surplus mags, go with a PTR G3 clone or a FAL clone. Otherwise, I’d default to saying AR10/AR308 or SCAR, user preference. There are a lot more reliable AR10/AR308 options now, since this thread’s start in 2016. But there are even more options now too, like the CZ Bren 2 and IWI Galil ACE 2 in 7.62 NATO, or Tavor 7 or Desert Tech MDR. Lots of options now and worthy of a whole new trade space analysis.

I’m just going to use this thread to post my recent build. 6.5, but you can pretend it’s in 308 if you want.

View attachment 632589

Seriously though, there are lots of 308 gas gun options available now and I wholeheartedly disagree with the recommendation to get a SOCOM 16 in this day and age. Unless you’re looking for something that you can pick up at just about any MA dealer.

If you want plentiful Preban surplus mags, go with a PTR G3 clone or a FAL clone. Otherwise, I’d default to saying AR10/AR308 or SCAR, user preference. There are a lot more reliable AR10/AR308 options now, since this thread’s start in 2016. But there are even more options now too, like the CZ Bren 2 and IWI Galil ACE 2 in 7.62 NATO, or Tavor 7 or Desert Tech MDR. Lots of options now and worthy of a whole new trade space analysis.
love it, summon @Tallahassee for a mandatory set of 6.5CM inspired dicks pics. what is the weight? that leupold up there should be pretty light?

Mine 6.5:
2A20D1E5-FF6E-432A-8C33-89CB52973FCB.jpeg

10.2lbs with the optic
8lbs without
nice.
mine is at 12.8# - as shown. that ar-luth is heavy and PA scope is also not too light... i have other lowers to pair it with, potentially, but, do not want to bother.

Well I’ll tell you. Just skipping along and looking at the various threads, I see an interesting title, read the thread and most likely do not respond. Every so often I do respond. I never paid any attention to the date of the last post before mine on this thread so I had no idea it was old. If I upset anyone, confused anyone, offended anyone, annoyed anyone, bewildered anyone, or made anyones head explode then I apologize. I still think the SOCOM16 is an excellent choice for an all around general purpose defensive 7.62
I’ll often times find myself seeing an interesting thread in the “Similar threads” list and start responding to it before realizing it’s a necro thread. Fortunately I’ve developed the habit of checking the date of the last post, since I know how gentle NES can be to folks resurrecting old threads. And, more importantly, I prefer the M1A Scout Squad to the SOCOM. If I’m going with a 16” barrel I’d rather have an AR10/LR308 variant. The FN SCARs are nice (I have a SCAR 17) but as a general purpose 7.62 they are a bit too pricey.

Back
Top Bottom