semi-auto mossbergs??

Any of you out there have anything to say (good or bad) about the mossbeg 500 serries, more specificaly the 'MK 2' semi auto ones? I am looking for a GP 12 gauge and the 500 seems to be winner. While searching I found the MK2 version but no reviews of it, was it just a limited run thing that isnt worth it? Should I just stick with a good old pump?

The 930 is a great semi auto for the price! Should you go with just a 500 pump? Well the question is whats it for? Home defnce pump! Racking of the slide scares the pants off of most anyone! They are also very reliable more so then a auto! Most bird hunting situations beginers are far better off with a pumpas every novice hunter with a semi auto tends to shoot behind the bird on follow up shots...now sporting clays, or a more advanced bird hunter a semi auto is a good way to go... but both will work in all aplications however if home defence is primary I would go pump if clays is primary semi auto Is a better idea. As far as the mk2 I have no real experince I did hunt on a wma area with a fella who had one I asked him about it he said it was ok and I usally seem him with a 870 might say alot but that's all I know about it.. at the same time if it were as good as the 930 I would see alot more!
Edit: Also if you go 500 pump dicks sporting good sells one with a slug barrel and a feild barrel for 300 bucks has a scop mount on the slug barrel good if your gonna hunt not so much for home defence

Last edited:
Quite frankly most of the time it is going to be sitting around for HD but it will be used most often with some sort of clay shooting. After all, what is the point of having a HD gun that you arnt use to shooting on a regualr basis... and Clays are a lot more fun to shoot then paper targets.

speaking of sporting clays... I think I asked this once before but dont remember if any ever responded... Any sporting clay places south eastern mass?

The 930 is a great semi auto for the price! Should you go with just a 500 pump? Well the question is whats it for? Home defnce pump! Racking of the slide scares the pants off of most anyone! They are also very reliable more so then a auto! Most bird hunting situations beginers are far better off with a pumpas every novice hunter with a semi auto tends to shoot behind the bird on follow up shots...now sporting clays, or a more advanced bird hunter a semi auto is a good way to go... but both will work in all aplications however if home defence is primary I would go pump if clays is primary semi auto Is a better idea. As far as the mk2 I have no real experince I did hunt on a wma area with a fella who had one I asked him about it he said it was ok and I usally seem him with a 870 might say alot but that's all I know about it.. at the same time if it were as good as the 930 I would see alot more!
Edit: Also if you go 500 pump dicks sporting good sells one with a slug barrel and a feild barrel for 300 bucks has a scop mount on the slug barrel good if your gonna hunt not so much for home defence

I have the 935 SPX as well and it's Bad to the Bone!
Reliable
Solid
Priced to move
Very Accurate
Excellent ease of use

I have a 935 SPX, love it.
Also have a Rem 870 Marine, love it also but the SPX shoots softer, is reliable and fast.
Also a low mount red dot drops right on and works well with the sights.

Quite frankly most of the time it is going to be sitting around for HD but it will be used most often with some sort of clay shooting. After all, what is the point of having a HD gun that you arnt use to shooting on a regualr basis... and Clays are a lot more fun to shoot then paper targets.

speaking of sporting clays... I think I asked this once before but dont remember if any ever responded... Any sporting clay places south eastern mass?

Fallriver rod and gun club that is on staford road in westport MA you don't even have to be a member! They have a website great group of guys! They have a brand new wesite alot still under construction but. http://www.FallRiverRGC.com/ So if you feel there will be alot of sporting clays go with the 935! Tiverton ri rod and gun club does trap and skeet that's near se mass

=Racking of the slide scares the pants off of most anyone!

what-if-im-not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling-thumb.jpg

Most bird hunting situations beginers are far better off with a pumpas every novice hunter with a semi auto tends to shoot behind the bird on follow up shots...
So wait, if beginners usually shoot behind on their second shot with a gun that reloads itself, the cure is to give them another gun that is harder for beginners to reload quickly and smoothly?

You're a genius.

I just realised that I never updated this (not that anyone cares but). I ended up with a mossburg NWTF 9200 from KTP... Been useing it for clays at taunton for 6 months off and on and I love it. For some reason I picked up a rifled barrel there for it a month ago. I never realised how expensive sabot rounds where... I dont even want to sight it in right now...

Get a cheap shotgun for hd and go pump. That way if you ever have to use it and they take it as evidence you still get to keep your semi auto. You can pump it to scare bad guys and impress chicks. I agree get the $300 mossy 500 then get your fav semi auto for clays. Mine is a benelli super 90 :)
for a measly 2k you could troll the classifieds and get an spas-12 which is both and looks badass

Back
Top Bottom