• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sen. Mark Warner Vows ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, More Gun Control

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
mark-warner-yell-getty-640x480.jpg

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) used an October 2 Washington Postopinion column to rededicate himself to gun control and list certain types of firearms and accessories that he wants to ban.

Warner began by admitting he voted against an “assault weapons” ban and he expressed sorrow for having opposed it.

He made clear that he views supporting such a ban as a necessity going forward but described such a ban as just a “starting point.” He then wrote in favor of a “high capacity” magazine ban and a ban on “modifications such as binary triggers and bump stocks.”

Sen. Mark Warner Vows 'Assault Weapons' Ban, More Gun Control

IMO he is thinking about a blue wave this coming election and wants to surf it home. I’m not totally convinced there will be a blue wave. Donations to the GOP are skyrocketing and those flyover states haven’t swung left.

That said, we might be watching the early stages of civil war. If that happens watch out for wwIII. There are too many countries that already have it out for the US.

Warner also described the NRA as “extreme” and noted that “the Second Amendment isn’t absolute.”

Remember that bumper sticker "Virginia is for Lovers"? Apparently "Virginia is For Aholes" now.

I grew up in Maryland and I used to think that VA and MD were fairly gun-friendly, but that's history. They're nothing more than suburbs of Washington, DC.

I'd like to know how much insider information he got before he invested in the cellular phone business, plus where he got the big bucks to invest?

Warner also described the NRA as “extreme” and noted that “the Second Amendment isn’t absolute.”

Remember that bumper sticker "Virginia is for Lovers"? Apparently "Virginia is For Aholes" now.

I grew up in Maryland and I used to think that VA and MD were fairly gun-friendly, but that's history. They're nothing more than suburbs of Washington, DC.

Consequence of the massive growth of the swamp. It's managed to invade both MD and VA. [thinking]

Why would he do it himself when 90%(made up) of police officers are salivating about someday getting all kitted up using gear paid for by the people whos doors they are going to kick in ?
I suspect there will be a lot of sudden job positions opening up on the first day of it.

I disagree, I don’t see the cops lining up for this job. After the first couple of people are dragged out and shot the response will be a bit aggressive.

you will when there 100s of SWAT outside your door + few of those tanks they got from military.

Letting THEM pick the time and place of combat is a sure way to lose. I’ve picked up a few things over my time on this earth and the first thing is when you know they are coming - don’t let them find you.

That said, we might be watching the early stages of civil war. If that happens watch out for wwIII. There are too many countries that already have it out for the US.

Damn right! Iran and N. Korea are just "dying" to invade us.

1v6mpj.jpg

I suspect there will be a lot of sudden job positions opening up on the first day of it.

In recent history,what gives you the idea gun owners will do anything like you suggested ? Unlike basement dwelling Antifa beta cucks,the vast majority of gun owners will do exactly nothing when it comes to resistence,much less armed resistence due to family and jobs.

How many guys would be willing to leave their wife and kids to fend for themselves after your local police department Bearcat crashes through the front door and 100 State Police in Multicam fill you full of 9mm holes from their taxpayer bought MP5 ?

I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money the vast majority lay down their weapons and submit.I dont think most people realize the scope and power of the .gov when it comes to squashing peasants..Look what happened in Boston after the marathon bombing.

Last edited:
In recent history,what gives you the idea gun owners will do anything like you suggested ? Unlike basement dwelling Antifa beta cucks,the vast majority of gun owners will do exactly nothing when it comes to resistence,much less armed resistence due to family and jobs.

How many guys would be willing to leave their wife and kids to fend for themselves after your local police department Bearcat crashes through the front door and 100 State Police in Multicam fill you full of 9mm holes from their taxpayer bought MP5 ?

I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money the vast majority lay down their weapons and submit.I dont think most people realize the scope and power of the .gov when it comes to squashing peasants..Look what happened in Boston after the marathon bombing.

That might happen with the first few, after that the war is on and there's no turning back. All involved and everyone they know becomes a target.
Don't even compare Boston to the rest of the country.....its apples and oranges.

When the politicians and their families, and the cops and their familes start to get taken out, fewer and fewer of them will be volunteering to stack up outside peoples' doors when all those people did was buy an AR before some arbitrary date when tyrants decided the Second Amendment doesn't mean what it says it means.

A shitload of those law enforcement officers, .gov and .mil people also swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I'm betting a lot of them won't side with gun grabbing politicians' wishes to disarm Americans by use of guns, and might use those bearcats against the morons "giving orders."

When the politicians and their families, and the cops and their familes start to get taken out, fewer and fewer of them will be volunteering to stack up outside peoples' doors when all those people did was buy an AR before some arbitrary date when tyrants decided the Second Amendment doesn't mean what it says it means.

A shitload of those law enforcement officers, .gov and .mil people also swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I'm betting a lot of them won't side with gun grabbing politicians' wishes to disarm Americans by use of guns, and might use those bearcats against the morons "giving orders."

Thats if those giving orders aren't found with a .308 hole in their head on their front porches.

Never will happen. What will happen is the police will will armor up even more and basically surround the house, throw in a bunch of flash bangs and let the house and you burn.

Lol you guys are delusional, there won't be any stacking, black vans, or tanks.

Why do they need any of that when they just have attrition and incrementalism? I'd be more concerned about the ongoing deterioration attempts of ranges, gun culture, etc. They want to scare the next generation into hating guns, things like that. They can pass more shitty laws passively, etc.

Black vans and tanks? lol.

-Mike

hmmm . . . how viable of a business idea would it be to have a U Stor It type business for guns? Obviously good security, varying size private rooms, climate controlled.

I was speaking with someone this week who has a brother who had a non violent run in with the law. The person I was speaking with had to go get 30 of his brother's guns from the PD. He knew very little about guns so probably doesn't know storage laws etc. And it is not uncommon to see people posting on these forums about transitioning from an apartment but needs temporary storage. Maybe you are going on vacation and don't want to get cleaned out while you are away. Things like that. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom