• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sen. Mark Warner Vows ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban, More Gun Control

You are apparently.
The discussion was regarding a SHTF situation where the orders came down to a full retard , they are coming to kick your door and take your shit in a blatant unconstitutional grab and what the reaction to it might be.

IMHO , the guys with a heart and soul would have bagged out and have no part in it.
The ones left WILL be the ones posing for those trophy shots with the burned carcasses of your family should you resist or maybe even if you don't.

Respectfully , if you think that Waco was just a handful of feds acting up , you need to do some research .
There was way more to it .

At Ruby ridge the orders came right from the top to slaughter everyone up there , if not for Bo Grist elbowing his way into the situation , that's exactly what would have happened.
The Fed who blew an unarmed woman's head off while she was holding an infant to this day says he has zero regrets.
That's the type of guy who's coming to pay you a visit should it come to it.

I'm not advocating for violence of any kind.
I've seen enough of it in my lifetime .
All I want to do now is old fart it up , play in my yard and garden and go to the range to shoot some targets.
If I'm lucky , I'll pass away in my bed with someone holding my hand.
It doesn't seem unreasonable to just leave me alone to do just that .
The problem is , it is unreasonable to some people and they would wish me harm because of it.

There has never been a shortage of people throughout history who will do the most horrible things you can imagine to enforce their will or a shortage of people who will gladly do those things for them.
It can never happen here, is the attitude that has filled ditches with corpses throughout history.

I’m with Dadstoys on this, and I’ve reached the old fart retired stage and get to putter around the house, garden, greenhouse, shoot targets, make ammo, and lie on the beach any damm time I fee like it.

Well the way I see it we cannot justify doing evil by the existence of another evil.

The problem is I won’t be in the trenches for the first round of confiscation. If I read the cards correctly i will attempt to “relocate” some of my stuff. However, If I get surprised early on, I’m toast. But, if there’s evidence that they’re executing people and families then all bets are off. For too long the .gov and their minions have mostly acted with impunity. Witness the a**h***s who blocked off the expressway in Milton, or the antifa riot in Berkeley. No real punishment. Same with Waco and Ruby Ridge. So how do you respond if it is full retard and the Bill of Rights is being shredded?

If you know they’re coming for you guns and going to kill you and your family do you lay down or take the fight to their homes and families?

Well the way I see it we cannot justify doing evil by the existence of another evil.
To each their own .
History shows that doing the right thing and turning the other cheek just gets you punched in the other side of the head too.
Or marched onto a train
Or lined up in front of a ditch.
You win a war by being more of a monster than the other guy.
It's always been that way and always will.
One old soldier I knew put it best.
"You do what you have to do and then you hope you can come back from it and the Lord is in a forgiving mood when you stand in judgment."
I'm not a particularly religious person, but I got what he was trying to say.

So, what are the other choices?

Well for one thing how about if you keep the fight to your actual enemy and leave women and kids out of it? Yeah I know he is pretty tough and is at least as well armed as anyone and far better organized so a head on fight is a pretty scary proposition but how do you ever expect to justify your cause if you act just as evil as him?

To each their own .
History shows that doing the right thing and turning the other cheek just gets you punched in the other side of the head too.
Or marched onto a train
Or lined up in front of a ditch.
You win a war by being more of a monster than the other guy.
It's always been that way and always will.
One old soldier I knew put it best.
"You do what you have to do and then you hope you can come back from it and the Lord is in a forgiving mood when you stand in judgment."
I'm not a particularly religious person, but I got what he was trying to say.

Examples would be Fire Bombing Dresden (~25K Dead) and Hiroshima & Nagasaki (~250K Dead combined). These bombings had little to do with Military Targets and a great deal with breaking the will of the enemy to fight. The US Govt knows this battle plan, it's been tested. If push comes to shove, I no illusions that they will use it again.

As far as justification, the victor tends to write the history. Look at the history books on the Communist take overs of Russia & China - it bears little resemblance to the truth.

I’m also not wishing, wanting or anything of the kind for the above situation, but if you go in with blinders on and ‘could or would never’ you already at the very least cost yourself dearly and may very well have already lost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom