• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senators Want Gun Shipment Stats From Trucking, Rail Companies

I mean we’re talking about an SR22 here. If I remember correctly I just had them ship it back to the Lynnfield UPS store (could be wrong). Not the lost Ark of the Covenant.

I simply want to avoid wasting the piss of a dealer’s time. Which is the real democrat goal.

“Welp, the more time we make FFLs punch themselves in the dick, the fewer gunzzz they can sell.”

It’s the Statue of Liberty play in the democrat retardation playbook.
Dealers do this stuff all the time it’s not a big deal, it’s just another gun on the pile of stuff that comes in and out of the shop. It’s a repair so it crosses the books sure but there’s no 4473 associated with it. They will also charge appropriately for it. But it’s usually not much money. Sure, if you’re hanging around all the time get a call tag and do it that way. I just can’t be bothered with it. To me this is like changing my own oil, id rather job it out to someone set up to deal with it.

ETA: to get back to the original topic when you start digging into this they’re not just trying to punish dealers they’re trying to punish everybody by f***ing with people…. this is ESG trickle down…. / commie influencing

In unrelated news... FedEX driver from Middleboro charged with stealing firearms.

'An ex-FedEx driver from Middleboro has been charged in federal court for allegedly stealing packages containing firearms and then selling the guns.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office said 39-year-old Frank O’Toole faces one count of possession of a stolen firearm following his Aug. 12 arrest.

He was caught after allegedly stealing three packages he was responsible for delivering while working as a FedEx delivery truck driver out of the Raynham FedEx facility.

O’Toole then allegedly sold the three guns to an undercover agent in two separate controlled purchases on Aug. 9 and Aug. 12.'

Fed Ex driver allegedly stole guns from packages

What other shippers are out there? I will start looking for some other shippers for all things that I buy not just firearms related.. I will try to cut ups and FedEx out all together. Will this be even possible? The idea of a parallel economy needs to be considered.

What other shippers are out there? I will start looking for some other shippers for all things that I buy not just firearms related.. I will try to cut ups and FedEx out all together. Will this be even possible? The idea of a parallel economy needs to be considered.
There are no other package shipping companies that will accept firearms, to my knowledge. Greyhound won't, DHL won't.

Freight companies like Yellow, ABF, Old Dominion, etc., don't take small packages.

Federal law limits who can accept firearms for shipping, and they must be a common carrier.

Details please
You haven't seen the thread?

Perhaps this would be an opportunity for a start up of another common carrier? No small undertaking to be sure. From now on I will try to use someone other than ups if possible for any transactions firearm related or not. The other thing is the Banks that use SEG scores, time to consider other options there as well?

just went to FedEx to ship a Glock frame. they wanted to scan my ID....nope, that's a no go. Then went to UPS, they told me ANY components have to be shipped from an FFL, 01, 03 or 07. They print the label and a driver comes and picks it up

just went to FedEx to ship a Glock frame. they wanted to scan my ID....nope, that's a no go. Then went to UPS, they told me ANY components have to be shipped from an FFL, 01, 03 or 07. They print the label and a driver comes and picks it up
Driver pickup was because you were trying to ship it from a place like a UPS store rather than UPS depot.

Driver pickup was because you were trying to ship it from a place like a UPS store rather than UPS depot.
nope. went to the UPS facility in Manchester. Big sign on the front door..."we no longer process firearm shipments here"

Looking for a non-speculative answer:

What penalty, besides loss of insurance, may be imposed on someone who ships a gun in compliance with all laws (for example, to a manufacturer for repair) but does not declare the gun to the common carrier or fails to abide by a carrier tariff such as "next day air only"? Is it a criminal violation?

I am not talking about undeclared hazmat, just the "cuz guns" tarriffs.

What penalty, besides loss of insurance, may be imposed on someone who ships a gun in compliance with all laws (for example, to a manufacturer for repair) but does not declare the gun to the common carrier or fails to abide by a carrier tariff such as "next day air only"? Is it a criminal violation?

I always just write machine parts on the invoice… There is no hazmat for guns.
Just insure the goddamn thing and who cares What happens to it

The other thing that should probably be mentioned is when I am to have a warranty work done they usually send me the label. Even if it’s out of warranty they usually still send you the label.

I’m not sure if you guys remember this but after we all destroyed one of my belt fed uppers they gave me another one for free then they sent me a label… They wanted the old one back.

I have decent luck with warranties/shipping.
I usually don’t have to do anything I just wait for the new product to show up and slap the label on the box it came inNd send the old one back..

These shipping regulations are just political theater. You can put anything in any box and ship it anywhere you want and I’m giving it a 90% chance of showing up

I always just write machine parts on the invoice… There is no hazmat for guns.
Just insure the goddamn thing and who cares What happens to it
it’s easier to just use an FFL to ship the thing on a repair if that’s why you’re sending it out. and they can use the Postal Service on the cheap you can give them a little vig in the process and then everybody’s happy…. for far less than the ride would cost on FedEx or UPS next day air.

If you (as an unwashed) are sending it to an FFL I don’t think it’s possible to have a violation at all. Or at least I’ve never seen the federal law that would be used to grind someone. I’m just as interested in a “fully researched answer” as you are here.

The other thing that should probably be mentioned is when I am to have a warranty work done they usually send me the label. Even if it’s out of warranty they usually still send you the label.

I’m not sure if you guys remember this but after we all destroyed one of my belt fed uppers they gave me another one for free then they sent me a label… They wanted the old one back.

I have decent luck with warranties/shipping.
I usually don’t have to do anything I just wait for the new product to show up and slap the label on the box it came inNd send the old one back..

These shipping regulations are just political theater. You can put anything in any box and ship it anywhere you want and I’m giving it a 90% chance of showing up

if a vendor sends you a call tag that stuffs all covered under the tariffs….. it’s not like UPS doesn’t know that Smith or whoever isnt shuffling guns around. it does make me wonder what the vendor actually pays for those tags though then again it’s usually big gun companies and that’s probably many many thousands of dollars worth of business for UPS or whoever.

Good luck collecting that insurance.
If It’s not a register component it’s technically not a firearm and is machine Parts… If there is a registered part it’s probably the least expensive part of all the machine parts. You can definitely collect the insurance

Back
Top Bottom