• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

September 24-25 Marlboro Gun & Knife Show

There is a Gun & Knife Show scheduled for Sep. 24 & 25, 2005 at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center in Marlboro, Mass. It is on the hotel's schedule. I went last year, and it was a decent show. I will post a confirmation when I get more details.
:D

I went last year, not to bad. Some good stuff... some flat out junk. Some stuff that could possibly get you in trouble. It's been listed for a while now. It's in goals calender. Derek also listed it in his sticky.

It is always a good show in Marlboro (well at least for MA).

I was planning on being there on Saturday 9/24, BUT Braintree R&P is putting on their annual Lobster Bake at the club, so I'll be stuffing myself in Braintree instead!

I don't like going to distant gun shows on Sundays as too many dealers don't come back on Sundays and most of them like to pack up and leave by 1PM on Sundays (although the show doesn't officially close until 3PM) so they can hit the road and get home.

CAUTION: Keep in mind that some dealers will be selling things that are blatantly ILLEGAL to possess in MA. Know the AWB and hi-cap mag laws, look VERY CAREFULLY at the mags for LE/Mil Only writing (or if it was buffed out) and make sure that you don't jeopardize your gun rights for life!

I agree with this show being pretty good. I've been to three at this location. And I like it. Although I've never bought a firearm at these shows, I've gotten rid of one, and found some great deals on reloading supplies.

Also they have those neat powerless .22 rounds and the mini 12 guage shells that will hold 6 in the place of 3 for your home defense shotgun.

LenS,

If a dealer at a gun show allows someone with a valid LTC A to purchase a gun that is not on "the list", can the purchaser get in trouble for that, or is it all on the dealer who allowed the transaction to take place?

john77 said:
LenS,

If a dealer at a gun show allows someone with a valid LTC A to purchase a gun that is not on "the list", can the purchaser get in trouble for that, or is it all on the dealer who allowed the transaction to take place?

Ignorance is not an excuse.I would think bost parties would get in trouble,probably the purchaser more so.I would imagine the dealer would lose his license to sell in MA,and the purchaser could face jail time and lose the RIGHT to own firearms. As I'm pretty sure the purchaser would have commited a felony in buying/posessing the evil baby killer weapon.

Greg said:
john77 said:
LenS,

Ignorance is not an excuse.I would think bost parties would get in trouble,probably the purchaser more so.I would imagine the dealer would lose his license to sell in MA,and the purchaser could face jail time and lose the RIGHT to own firearms. As I'm pretty sure the purchaser would have commited a felony in buying/posessing the evil baby killer weapon.
The transfer is what is illegal, and it governs transfers by ffl's. The mere possesion, as I understand it, byt a LTC'er, is not.

From time to time, you'll see Mass-compliant HK's, New Glocks, etc. They'll end up in the state legally, and they're good from there...

Corrections to assumptions are in order here!

You will NEVER see MA Compliant H&Ks, as H&K has no desire to deal with the MA AG's bullshit. I doubt that Glock will try again either, for the same reason.

If you read the law (1998 Act) ALL THE LIABILITY FALLS ON THE DEALER, NO liability on the Purchaser at all!

Dealers are PROHIBITED from selling . . .

Private parties can sell ANY gun (up to 4 a year) to another MA Resident with proper license, or will/dispose of an estate to another with NO FFL involvement.

The mfr/dealers are both facing $5K/gun fines from the AG in the Glock case and it could have been criminal prosecution (addition to the fines) if it doesn't show on the EOPS List. That's why Glock was trying to retrieve all the guns they sold over the 2 week period that everyone thought that they were compliant. Hopefully no owner was foolish enough to return the guns they bought . . . they are FREE & CLEAR, plus their name/info is forever associated with the gun on the 4473 and FA-10 anyway (records are never purged) even if the gun is returned.

I went last year it was my first gunshow. I didn't get there untill the last day, but there was still plenty of things to look at. But I will be there Sat this year.

I'm usually there early on Sat morning. We'll have to make plans to meet up before hand.

I love gun shows. Even if I'm not buying anything. I love walking around and seeing all the cool stuff.

But I'm on a mission on this one. I'm looking for an inexpensive Winchester 97 with a 30 inch barrel.

derek said:
I'm Planning on going, anyone else?

Derek, does this mean that you are NOT going to the BR&P lobster/clam bake that Saturday?

I won't be attending this show, as I'll be at BR&P, after the open house at my Masonic Lodge in the AM. Sunday at MA gun shows are a waste of money/time as usually 1/2 the dealers bail out and head home, while the rest are packing up by Noontime.

Derek,

You can bring the kids, but you or Melody just have to chase them! [lol]

I don't know if your older boy would eat the food, but they do offer the $15 deal for the kids (yes, they get lobster/clams too). I wouldn't expect Cory to eat there however, not unless this 1 year old has exquisite taste in seafood. [lol]

I will be there... I see others are attending aswell.... Hope to meet and say a quick hello :)

Ill be the guy trying to walk around with 15 new guns strapped to my back...lol :)

Dirtypacman said:
I will be there... I see others are attending aswell.... Hope to meet and say a quick hello :)

Ill be the guy trying to walk around with 15 new guns strapped to my back...lol :)

I'm planning on going.

Look for the heavyset guy with the shaved head and a goatee... ;)

I might be there... I, like LenS, have an open house at my Lodge that I have to attend, but if I can be a little late, I might stop in on the way.

What time does it start? anyone know?

If I'm there, I'll be wearing a badge that looks like this: http://mysite.verizon.net/dwarven1/dwarven1.pdf or at least, the upper right corner. I can't figure out how to make the PDF the size of the label. Anyone want me to do one for them?

Ross

I plan to be there. mostly to try out various holsters for my Glock and my S&W 357. (Seeing only pictures of them on the web just doesn't help much.)

Also, if there is a "deal" then I will bring money.... I want to consider my first AR, but I would really like one of the "experts" next to me for advice.

Hey, how will we reconize each other? I'm new to the forum and only know a few names from I've met at ranges or GOAL.

But, yes, last year it was very "cloudy" on what was legal for MA, in terms of the handguns on the table. Buying from FS or a trusted shop is so much easier. I would like more hi-cap mags for my Glock 40S&W, but I know I will have to be careful. But as said before, it is the FFL/Dealer that is violating the law, not the purchaser. But more than just the MA law, I am one to not let anything ever get me in even in the smallest trouble, that could have my chief pulling my LTC A ALP.

Hey, but if you buy a gun at the show from a FFL dealer, you still have to fill out the FA10 form, right? And this would get filed with the MA officials, and wouldn't someone in the State notice a handgun that was not on "the list" or approved by the AG?

Again, I hope to meet some of the forum members on Saturday morning.

Dan

traveler57 said:
Ross,

Great idea. Can you post the JPG instead for the logo, and then we
can make the same thing for us?

the graphic is here: http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
I just used a program called Labelware to put the graphic, my avatar and type in my user name onto a label... and I used a program called pdf995 to create the pdf file so I could show you guys what I'd done.

Or I can use labelware to make you a pdf file and email it to you and you can print it out yourself.

Ross

traveler57 said:
Also, if there is a "deal" then I will bring money.... I want to consider my first AR, but I would really like one of the "experts" next to me for advice.

But, yes, last year it was very "cloudy" on what was legal for MA, in terms of the handguns on the table. Buying from FS or a trusted shop is so much easier. I would like more hi-cap mags for my Glock 40S&W, but I know I will have to be careful. But as said before, it is the FFL/Dealer that is violating the law, not the purchaser. But more than just the MA law, I am one to not let anything ever get me in even in the smallest trouble, that could have my chief pulling my LTC A ALP.

Hey, but if you buy a gun at the show from a FFL dealer, you still have to fill out the FA10 form, right? And this would get filed with the MA officials, and wouldn't someone in the State notice a handgun that was not on "the list" or approved by the AG?

Dan

Dan,

I haven't seen an AR15 at a gun show yet that was as cheap as what Carl sells new Bushmasters for at Four Seasons!

I'm not sure if you are clear or not on the sale of hi-cap mags in MA. If you buy/possess "LE/Mil" marked or "No-Ban" hi-cap mags it is a 10 year FELONY per mag for the possessor . . . has nothing to do with the dealer.

If a dealer sells you a handgun that is NOT MA compliant, it is his neck, not yours. So I wouldn't worry about that part of it.

Yes the AG occasionally asks for and gets copies of all FA-10s and then goes after dealers who sell non-MA compliant handguns. They do NOT go after the buyer. I was also once told that the CHSB redacted the buyer info on the copies they gave the AG.

Sales of non-MA compliant handguns goes on all the time between two licensed individuals (non-FFL). Nothing wrong with that, the AG doesn't care, etc.

Len,

Thanks a lot for all the excellent info and great comments. I am learning all the time.

And, yes, I spoke to Carl a bit last week about AR15s, as I was paying him for a new 357 and a 38 snubby. :D :D Told him "i'll be back" for the Bushmaster. Plus, my looking so far has seen prices all over the place for guns with all kinds of conditions & extras. Pretty confusing to determine the real value by a newbie.

Okay, LE/Mil and "LE only" markings are clear to me and illegal. (But I have seen them for sale on gunsamerica from Mass owners.) How do I tell whether a mag is "no-ban" or not at this gun show? I am not even sure what "no-ban" really means.

More confusion comes from the (MA sold) Glock 22 that has the 15/17 capacity mags sold with the gun. They are pre-1994 so they say that they are legal. Note also that I believe that the used/refurb Glocks sold in MA now are coming from the police departments and hence, have the hi-cap mags.

Thanks again for helping un-confusing me.

Back
Top Bottom