September is National Preparedness Month

This is a big deal in my job. There is some good, basic information amidst all of the fluff, pomp, and added stuff.

I suggest the Bruce Lee approach: "Take what works, leave the rest.".

Every month is preparedness month in the SF!

Unfortunately there is a growing number of people who have no idea how to take care of themselves.

Fortunately there is also a growing number of people who are becoming aware.

Today is the first day of National Preparedness Month, and Governor Baker has proclaimed September Emergency Preparedness Month in Massachusetts. As in years past, we will be communicating with the public about all the ways to be better prepared for emergencies both large and small. However, I do not need to tell any of you that this Preparedness Month is unlike any we have experienced in our lifetimes, so this year we are going to do something different. We are kicking off Emergency Preparedness Month by launching a public Thank You campaign to thank Essential Workers and organizations like who have stepped up and done so much to help us to be better prepared and to navigate our lives during the COVID-19 pandemic.

ALL THE WAYS? I don't think so. How about we get someone to submit the "Katrina Bill" language again, as part of "Preparedness Month"?

Here's the rest of it:
Please visit www.Mass.Gov/EPmonth to see a video message from Governor Baker, and instructions on how to participate in the #EPisEssential campaign to thank Essential Workers and organizations.

1. Download and personalize the Certificate of Appreciation (in either English or Spanish)
  2. Spread the Word: Snap a picture and post it on social media letting us know who you are thanking. Remember to hashtag your post #EPisEssential.
  3. Send or present your certificate to the person or organization you are thanking!
  4. Help us amplify the message by posting on your social media platform about the campaign – here is a Social Media Toolkit to help you.
Finally, I want to take a moment to say how proud I am of MEMA staff and our many partners for your efforts throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and every other emergency we have faced this year. Your work has been an inspiration and has kept people safe during one of the most difficult times in the Commonwealth’s history. It has been an honor to work alongside all of you. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom