Service List

Hi, I was in the Navy for 12 years. I was a Firecontrol Technician (E-6) and I primarily worked on the NATO Sea Sparrow Missile System. I was on the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), Navy Recruiting District New England, and the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3).

Jason

I already picked on you for being in the Navy in the 'Welcome' thread...but now I see you out rank me so I'll stop running my suck [rofl]

That sounds like a pretty cool MOS...tell us more about this missile system and its capabilities and what ships they're on and where they're docked...i cross my heart i am not a russian spy, da?

I already picked on you for being in the Navy in the 'Welcome' thread...but now I see you out rank me so I'll stop running my suck [rofl]

That sounds like a pretty cool MOS...tell us more about this missile system and its capabilities and what ships they're on and where they're docked...i cross my heart i am not a russian spy, da?

That's ok. On my previous shift (night shift) we were all ex-military except for one guy. We spent 90% of the night making fun of each other and the other 10% working. Even the non-military guy got made fun of for not being in the military. We had one Marine and a few Navy guys, an army guy, and even a Coast Guardsman.

tell us more about this missile system and its capabilities and what ships they're on and where they're docked...i cross my heart i am not a russian spy, da?

Sparrow was originally an air-to-air missile that has since been adapted to fit sea-to-air and ground-to-air roles over the years. (There were adapted HAWK launchers that fired Sparrows but they didn't make it beyond initial field trials.) All in all Sparrow is a decent, relatively cheap, somewhat out-dated, boring old traditional missile. Nothing super secret, the bad guys have had examples to study for decades, and some have even copied it. Very similar to HAWK in that regard.

<--- HAWK

United States Army

Infantry/Artillery Combat Medic 91B/68W. Sergeant E5.

Units
1993-1997 1/319 AFAR, 82nd Airborne Division, Ft Bragg NC (Active Duty)

2007-2009 1/158th Cavalry (Long Range Surveillance), MDARNG.
Deployed to Western Baghdad 2007-2008 OIF-4

2009-2013 104th ASMC MDARNG

Last edited:
Have a Reflective Veterans’ Day tomorrow boys and girls.

Strange that no one added to this in a year.
I apologize for not posting yet but i can't see 2019 go by without representation.
USAF 1978-1991 Active-Active reserves
SSgt Air Force Security Police,, AF Security Forces,, AF Mobility Forces.. They kept changing the name.
I recently saw a t-shirt on line with crossed 16's a skull and beret for my AFSC does anyone happen to know where these military shirts are from ?

Been a member for some time - thought I had posted here before (I do not post much). So, I'll start out 2020...

CPT/42A53
US Army 1980-1984 Soldier Support Center (Advanced Developments, Combat Development Directorate), Ft Benjamin Harrison, IN
US Army Reserves 1984-1989
HHC Company Commander, 78th Tng Grp, 78th Tng Division, Edison NJ
S1 and HHC Co Commander 1/304th, 76th Tng Div, Manchester, NH

I thought I had posted here but can't find it. So...

Massachusetts Army National Guard 1983-1989
12B, Combat Engineer
26th YD, A Co.101st Eng. BN
Newburyport, MA
il_340x270.1628716135_a0t3.jpg
f5b0226aa4e361602c4d69a34a229172.gif

Last edited:
Every time i go by there i want to go in and join, but then i remember my age.......

My time at A Co/101st was some of the best.
My unit was about 25% Vietnam Vets, with a few Korean Vets, and the rest were snot-nosed kids (like me).
Our Top was even a WWII/Korea/Vietnam Vet: First Sergeant Daniel "Dan" Hissey. He was our Glue...
Great bunch, all of them.

Last edited:
Five years total. One in the Air Force, and four in the Marines. AF said I couldn`t have my guaranteed job, and it took quite a while to get my honorable discharge. Turned around a few months later and joined the toughest branch. Went through boot camp twice, Lackland AFB and Parris Island.
Your picture dates from the late 70's or early 80's?

Back
Top Bottom