• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seven reported killed in attack at church in Germany – as it happened

Reptile

NES Member

Summary​

Here is what we know about tonight’s shooting in Hamburg, Germany:

• Shortly after 9pm police were alerted to a shooting inside a Jehovah’s Witness centre in the northern German city of Hamburg. Seven people were killed and 25 injured, some seriously, police said.
  • Police said the gunman was believed to be among the dead. “We have no indications of a perpetrator on the run,” a spokesperson said soon after the attack. Later, police said that they had found a “lifeless person … who we believe could be a perpetrator”. Investigations were ongoing to rule out the involvement of further perpetrators, police said.
  • A special police unit happened to be driving past the centre when they heard shots being fired, local media outlets reported. The USE taskforce officers were on their way to their accommodation at the police headquarters in Alsterdorf when they stopped to investigate the attack, entering the building and evacuating people.
  • The Hamburg police say that there is currently “no reliable information about the motive for the crime”. The police said on a Twitter post, “So far, there is no reliable information on the motive for the crime. We ask that you do not share unsecured assumptions and/or spread rumours.”
  • Police alerted people to an “extreme danger” in the area using a catastrophe warning app. Residents must stay indoors and avoid the area, police said, adding that streets surrounding the church have been cordoned off.
  • Hamburg’s mayor, Peter Tschentscher, has responded to the attack, calling it “shocking”. “The reports from Alsterdorf / Groß Borstel are shocking. My deepest condolences to the families of the victims,” he said.

• Police were warned about gunman but let him keep weapon
  • Gunman used legally-owned weapon, had stash of ammunition Shooter was former Jehovah's Witness, motive unknown: officials

The Hamburg shooter was known to police, who had visited his apartment prior to the attack in response to an anonymous tip raising concerns about his state of mind. But they did not have enough grounds to take away his weapon, a legally-held semi-automatic pistol made by German company Heckler & Koch, officials said.

One of Merkels children? It's only a matter of time where one of Bidens guests do the same thing except on a much larger scale.

JWs manipulate and isolate there members, they want your whole life to be nothing without them. This guy is former JW, was probably disassociated (thrown out). When they do that they are serious about nobody having any contact with them. Think about it, your entire life cut off without a word. My exSIL was disassociated, thrown out of her parents house at 18 with just the cloths on her back, having been isolated from the world most of her life. She survived, but that kind of thing might make someone go crazy and decide to shoot up what he saw as the cause of the problem.

JWs manipulate and isolate there members, they want your whole life to be nothing without them. This guy is former JW, was probably disassociated (thrown out). When they do that they are serious about nobody having any contact with them. Think about it, your entire life cut off without a word. My exSIL was disassociated, thrown out of her parents house at 18 with just the cloths on her back, having been isolated from the world most of her life. She survived, but that kind of thing might make someone go crazy and decide to shoot up what he saw as the cause of the problem.
My former MiL was a JW and her siblings were nuts. They would rather have their daughters marry a loser as long as he was a member of the church than marry a successful Christian or Jewish guy. It was crazy

I went to school with a JW kid.
He was a good guy , but I found out they are not who they pretend to be.
Not nice folks at all.

Back
Top Bottom