• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shaunna O'Connell

jason19711971

NES Member
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
I am writing with a legislative update.

[/FONT]​

I have heard from so many people how upset they are about the legislative pay raises. You will be pleased to know that I was one of a handful of legislators to debate against it and stand up for the taxpayers.​

During the House rules debate, I pushed for more transparency and reforms such as requiring committee votes be put online. The public has the right to know how members vote in committee.​

Also, I once again tried to get the audit of legislative accounts to be published online. Unfortunately, the Democrats voted it down.​

As a mother, one of the most important issues for me is public safety. I have been working for years to get more public access to the sex offender registry. Recently it was exposed that there is a giant loophole of deals being made in the courts to let sex offenders plead to only one count when they have been charged or convicted of multiple offenses, which keeps them off the registry. That's wrong.​

Here is a link to the recent story:​
I am now trying to get answers from the Trial Court.​

The fight to keep welfare for the truly needy continues. Here is a link to the latest scam:​
http://www.wcvb.com/article/lawmaker-calls-for-rmv-crackdown-to-stop-id-fraud/8234561

I am outraged that we have convicted drug dealers collecting welfare benefits. They are getting IDs from the Registry. That's why I have been pushing for more authentication requirements to get welfare and state IDs.​

Last year I was one of only three legislators who voted against the state budget because there was a giant loophole that would have allowed illegal immigrants to get licenses. Due to our stand, Governor Baker amended the language.​

I want to thank you for being in my corner. Your support helps me fight the good fight at the State House.​

Thank you!​
Shaunna
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]​

[/FONT]​

[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
Check out my website!
www.ShaunnaOconnell.com

[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Shaunna O'Connell is one of only a handful of representatives who are on the right side of the issues, she's right up there with Geoff Diehl and Jim Lyons.

Back
Top Bottom