• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sheriff Tim Mueller

I love my new home state of Oregon. Don't miss my old home state of Massachusetts at all. (Of course, I DO miss the family and friends there)

From what I just read on the Middlesex Sheriffs webpage, it does not appear sheriffs in Mass hold the same type of powers (per say) as in other states. Does anyone know where within the structure of LE sheriffs in Mass fall? The reason for my question is I felt I would send him an e-mail and ask if he would be protecting the citizens of Middlesex in the same manner as the sheriff from the video (don’t laugh since I could probably guess not).Thanks.

James

From what I just read on the Middlesex Sheriffs webpage, it does not appear sheriffs in Mass hold the same type of powers (per say) as in other states. Does anyone know where within the structure of LE sheriffs in Mass fall? The reason for my question is I felt I would send him an e-mail and ask if he would be protecting the citizens of Middlesex in the same manner as the sheriff from the video (don’t laugh since I could probably guess not).Thanks.

James

Sheriffs have basically zero power in MA. They house prisoners (the operate houses of corrections in MA) and waste grant money buying vehicles they don't need. That's about all they do in MA.

-Mike

Sheriffs have basically zero power in MA. They house prisoners (the operate houses of corrections in MA) and waste grant money buying vehicles they don't need. That's about all they do in MA.

-Mike

In Plymouth County they provide forensics and criminal investigations for the towns that can't do it. And it's pretty top notch.

James

You'd be better off sending it to the local Chiefs as opposed to County Sheriffs. Though sending it to Sheriffs wouldn't hurt either, as some are influential.

Thanks Mike. I always remember the sheriffs from where I grew up down south. You had the locals, then the sheriffs who were the big guys and then the state troopers who you hardly saw. It was always the sheriffs who no one wanted to get in trouble with.

James

Thanks Mike. I always remember the sheriffs from where I grew up down south. You had the locals, then the sheriffs who were the big guys and then the state troopers who you hardly saw. It was always the sheriffs who no one wanted to get in trouble with.

James

Don't sheriffs down south patrol land that is not actually a town per se, but rather County land?

There was talk about the Sherrif's Dept. in MA taking over patrol duties for Devens (which is not officially a "town") but the State Police took it instead as a time out corner for them to send their shit bags.

If I recall correctly since it has been over 20 years sinceI left Florida, the sheriffs were not usually “seen” on the smaller city streets but more so on the major highways. Problem is, where I grew up those highways were leading to the places we wanted to go and hang out. The beaches, the party spots etc.

James

Don't sheriffs down south patrol land that is not actually a town per se, but rather County land?

There was talk about the Sherrif's Dept. in MA taking over patrol duties for Devens (which is not officially a "town") but the State Police took it instead as a time out corner for them to send their shit bags.
In AZ, as well as in IL (where I grew up), the county sheriff's office patrol both unincorporated county land and within city limits.

Back
Top Bottom