Shield vs glock help

I say we all just meet at MFS with our upgraded G43's and Shields and we all shoot 1 mag and switch. We do this for 10 hours straight until we can all decide on which is best!
Thinking we may need an ammo sponsor...

I say we all just meet at MFS with our upgraded G43's and Shields and we all shoot 1 mag and switch. We do this for 10 hours straight until we can all decide on which is best!
Thinking we may need an ammo sponsor...

hahaha. that is great. a good friend of mine is a instructor there so i already have a membership there, plus i have a membership in mansfield. both great places.

OP can purchase at a blue label price. He can almost get double asking price for a NIB G43 over a Shield in MA. Then use the proceeds to buy a used Shield in the classifieds and another blue label G43. BOOM!!! Double ankle carry. Everyone wins!

The one and only time I tried out a shield I was very disappointed. I thought it was cheaply made. Slide failed to lock back. Extended mag was loose and kept moving around in my hand. Slide was difficult to pull back. Snappier than what I have heard it is. BUT I will say that it was a range rental so maybe it was beat up, not cleaned and taken cared of properly. I want to try my friends and see if there is a difference.

On average the odds of getting a ****ed up shield are much higher than a 43, but it's a cheaper gun so that comes with the territory.

I think the shield is easier to shoot but you pay for that in size.

Every gun in this ultra compact 9mm size class "the slide is difficult to pull back" you're not going to get away from that unless you go to a .380.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I think I can summarize. Shield for the dudes, Glock 43 for the gals. (or little hands)

[rofl]

Yeah but it should be inverted.. "M&P Shield" sounds like a product you find at CVS in the feminine hygeine section. [rofl]

Go with the G23 and 13 round mags. The 43 is thinner but not that much smaller otherwise. If the g23 and the g43 and the shield were sitting a table and you were heading out the door to engage zombies which would you choose? In a true gunfight(i hope you never have one) you will be thankful you have the g23.

This^^^

Every gun in this ultra compact 9mm size class "the slide is difficult to pull back" you're not going to get away from that unless you go to a .380.

The range shield I used felt like I needed two hands to pull the slide back. My BG 380 is not even like that. Either all the shields are like that or I just had a bad one.

Like I said before, I'm gonna try my friends who has one that's lightly used and well cared for and see If there's a difference. But I have a feeling I'm gonna go with a p239 for myself to fill-in the spot between my BG.380 and my P226.

Last edited:
The range shield I used felt like I needed two hands to pull the slide back. My BG 380 is not even like that. Either all the shields are like that or I just had a bad one.

Like I said before, I'm gonna try my friends who has one that's lightly used and well cared for and see If there's a difference. But I have a feeling I'm gonna go with a p239 for myself to fill-in the spot between my BG.380 and my P226.

Most of the sub compact 9s are pretty stiff, but it's not an issue for most people.

They do loosen up a little after the first few hundred rounds.

If a well worn range gun was excessively stiff, there was something wrong...unless of course your frame of reference is the BG 380 which has a super soft spring and can't be limp wristed by a 90 year old woman.

I've tried all of the sub-compacts on the market with the exception of P938 and I went with Kahr PM9. It's a small, but very capable package with smooooth DAO trigger. MFS has one in rentals. Give it a shot when you are there.

Back
Top Bottom