• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping times

Just remember, paying for 2 day shipping does not mean you are going to get it in 2 days after you order it. It means that it will arrive at your location in 2 days AFTER it is shipped. If getting it shipped takes a week, it will be 2 days once the carrier receives it. Paying for faster shipping does not speed up the getting it shipped process.

Amazon has the world all screwed up on how things really work.

I get all that, but given they take longer my attempt was to compensate for it. Guessing it still takes longer for PA. Its ok, like I said I like the company and have faith, just their FFL process isn't as slick as some, is probably better than others too, we will see how this one goes too..

I don't know if it makes a difference at PA, but many other companies absolutely do prioritize items that are expedited. Doesn't mean overnight means it arrives as such just that they bump expited items up in the queue so they are processed first.

I ordered a gladiator garageworks 90"×90" shelving on May 3rd. Said it had a 10-14 day shipping delay. No shipping confirmation yet, 60+ minute call hold time, no email response, no website chat response. Card was charged week of order.

I get all that, but given they take longer my attempt was to compensate for it. Guessing it still takes longer for PA. Its ok, like I said I like the company and have faith, just their FFL process isn't as slick as some, is probably better than others too, we will see how this one goes too..

I don't know if it makes a difference at PA, but many other companies absolutely do prioritize items that are expedited. Doesn't mean overnight means it arrives as such just that they bump expited items up in the queue so they are processed first.

Like I said, the Amazon mind think has the world all screwed up.

Like I said, the Amazon mind think has the world all screwed up.

Well its not just Amazon that does it that way. Maybe you don't like the concept but some companies do handle expedited items first, and my belief is its because they make a few extra bucks and such keeps good customers happy. Why wouldn't they?

Waaaay before Amazon and online this was a common practice, ie something random like a dirt bike part "oh for $30 we can expedite it and have it by Friday". It hasn't gone away.

It's pretty rare I care about anything gun related showing up fast, in this case spent an extra $10 to help the slower companies stuff catch up so hopefully the shipments show in the same week or so. Prefer not to have things piling up at the FFL. Like I said didn't expect PA actually processes it faster.

Last edited:
Well its not just Amazon that does it that way. Maybe you don't like the concept but some companies do handle expedited items first, and my belief is its because they make a few extra bucks and such keeps good customers happy. Why wouldn't they?

Waaaay before Amazon and online this was a common practice, ie something random like a dirt bike part "oh for $30 we can expedite it and have it by Friday". It hasn't gone away.

It's pretty rare I care about anything gun related showing up fast, in this case spent an extra $10 to help the slower companies stuff catch up so hopefully the shipments show in the same week or so. Prefer not to have things piling up at the FFL. Like I said didn't expect PA actually processes it faster.

Not the same thing as expecting to move to the front of the line just because you pay for a faster shipping method. So, you are saying that you are okay with having grandmom pushed back in the picking & packing queue because you paid for 2 day shipping?

Not the same thing as expecting to move to the front of the line just because you pay for a faster shipping method. So, you are saying that you are okay with having grandmom pushed back in the picking & packing queue because you paid for 2 day shipping?

Yes thats how it ought to work and does at some places, and some of that $$ you pay for expedited shipping isn't always the actual shipping cost.

Same reason why we notice at some places with memberships that stuff goes our first, pay more get more.

I know one thing, Primary Arms is insanely fast with shipping. I’ve placed 3 orders over the last week and they all ship next day. Kudos to them.

I know one thing, Primary Arms is insanely fast with shipping. I’ve placed 3 orders over the last week and they all ship next day. Kudos to them.

Like I said, they aren't with FFL items. My Buds & Grabagun orders arrived at the FFL today and PA hasn't even shipped yet.

Back
Top Bottom