• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping to New York

Does anyone know if it's legal to sell once fired brass to someone in New York state? I read their safe act but it doesn't mention components.

Here's a question. If I sell brass to someone in Mass. they have to have some kind of card or LTC, correct? If so, what if I'm coming from out of state and bring a bucket of old brass to sell to the metal recyclier. Does he have to have some sort of card?

It is unlawful to possess ammo (including components) in the DPRM without a permission slip (FID or LTC), with a few narrow exceptions (e.g. lawful hunting).

However, a trash truck driver that dumps the Club's dumpster now has several hundred pieces of "ammo" from the Trap and Skeet ranges, and AFAIK, they've never been pulled over and sent to the gulag.

If you're worried, sell in your home state to a junk yard.

i bought a shit ton of pre ban 20rd ar mags from a guy in ny. he was just interested in the dough.

That’s getting shipped the other way. But it’s funny you bring it up. A lot of magazines I’ve bought have come out of New York usually from police officers I’m not sure if that has any bearing on it I wouldn’t ship anything to Connecticut or New York unless it’s through an FFL. Then you run in the other problem someone from out of state tries to buy your brass or whatever.

I just don’t find it worth it

I don't think ny even nj regulates empty brass... sometimes people just have to stop pissing their pants and sack up.

I want to know how much money the OP is getting.

Having to read about laws and worry is not worth it for $50.

Now, if you are selling a few 55 gallon drums for a few thousands, maybe.

Preventing ammo sales to minors,.. sure,..
but preventing a MA resident from buying a full cap mag,... that's not NH law. Dual state residents should shop somewhere else.

Does anyone know if it's legal to sell once fired brass to someone in New York state? I read their safe act but it doesn't mention components.
How are you delivering?

FTF in MA: they need MA LTC or FID
FTF in NY: you need to know the answer to what you asked to know if you can possess in NY
Ship: Who cares. Abiding my state laws in another state is his issue and not yours

I ship a LOT of firearm related products to people in other states. State laws in other states are their problem not mine. I always state that knowing your states laws is your responsibility.

Anyone in NY can possess empty brass. only for loaded handgun cartridges will a dealer need to see LTC. Sell the guy the brass
Out in the western part of NY is not uncommon to see ammo for sale at gas stations. I hunt in 9J and there is a gas station in Stow that sells ammo.

I love it when people start a thread and never come back to give more details and answer questions.

I guess it is to be expected from a dude that joined 13 years ago and posted 36 times.

LAME.

@polska1957

Back
Top Bottom