• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shit is sure hitting the fan

What ever happened to all those "non-leathal" deterrents the cops were supposed to be adopting? Seems to me that in many cases that have been widely discussed here, they would have worked better than a bullet to the head. I'm not trying to second guess anyone, either. Just trying to figure out why a bean-bad shotgun isn't being more use more prominently in some of these close range confrontations.

Sure makes you want to visit NYC during the holidays, doesn't it? I refuse to go there for oh so many reasons. My wife, her mom, and my daughter love the place. I did, however, want to go to see the new Sting show but demanded that I would not set foot on a sidewalk but would take a cab or limo directly from the train station to the theater. Now, however, my gut tells me that it's not going to be a very happy place to be if this stuff continues to escalate. Of all the scenarios that I had turned over in my mind about how anarchy would begin in the city, this was one that I simply didn't figure on. It won't take much to light the fuse during one of those "peaceful" demonstrations.

pretty sure you could survive a trip to see a sting show without the city turning to "anarchy" around you

but I understand your trepidation

There's a lot wrong with the police departments in America from the ground up. Complaining that they call a shift a tour is not worth moaning about.

What ever happened to all those "non-leathal" deterrents the cops were supposed to be adopting? Seems to me that in many cases that have been widely discussed here, they would have worked better than a bullet to the head. I'm not trying to second guess anyone, either. Just trying to figure out why a bean-bad shotgun isn't being more use more prominently in some of these close range confrontations.

Just guessing here but I imagine a paid vacation during an "investigation" is a lot cheaper than a lawsuit from someone whose rights may have been violated and is still alive to tell their side of the story in court.

There's a lot wrong with the police departments in America from the ground up. Complaining that they call a shift a tour is not worth moaning about.

I agree, but think using military terminology is part of the problem. In order to fix it, they need to stop referring to people as civilians (instead of citizens or tax payers), stop playing army going on "tours" and then maybe they'll stop no knock raids, stop shooting so quickly (dogs, people, etc) or protecting and serving the shit out of people.

This is not "SHTF". I'm sure NYPD would take a day of what's happening now over one shift of what they used to deal with in the 70's and 80's.

This is not "SHTF". I'm sure NYPD would take a day of what's happening now
over one shift of what they used to deal with in the 70's and 80's.
6h1hry.jpg

Back
Top Bottom